PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain.

Fearfull
10-07-18, 08:12
Hi im a 41 year old female and struggling every day with chest pain ,skipped beats and pressure feeling in chest also have other random sensations in chest. Sometimes i get what feels like a popping sensation in my heart its very scary. My chest pain can be sharp stabbing pain in left side of chest ..... pain in centre of chest that goes into left arm ,neck and jaw yet when i say it to my doctor she tells me its not my heart because just over a year ago i had a stress test... an echocardiogram.... 24hr holter monitor and a ct calcium score test done . I cant seem to accept that there isnt anything wrong with my heart though. I constantly think im having a heart attack and it has ruined my life. I was in the er 3 weeks ago because of chest pain and skips and ecg was normal and bloods were fine but yet i want to run to hospital again because of these symtoms . I get frustrated because in my head im convinced somethings wrong yet my doc is certain my heart is fine that she tells me over the phone that im not to go to er because my heart is fine. Yet i deal with this fear and these symptoms every single day and cant shake the thought its heart related and somethings been missed.

pulisa
10-07-18, 08:20
If your GP tells you NOT to go to A&E with your perceived heart problems that's a huge clue that you've already been checked out and your heart is healthy. You do need to address your health anxiety which is obviously seriously affecting the quality of your life. Has your doctor offered you any CBT therapy to help you understand what is happening and how chest pain/heart fears are very much a part of the physical symptoms of anxiety?

Fearfull
10-07-18, 08:24
Ive done cbt but unfortunately for me it hasnt really helped . Im trying to find something that will help . Im seeing a therapist and trying to figure this out but as of yet i havent found anything that works for me.

Fearfull
10-07-18, 15:38
I forgot to mention aswell that my heart races it can get as high as 125 just by walking aroubd house.

pulisa
10-07-18, 17:09
Why are you counting the beats, Fearfull? Monitoring just adds to the anxiety. You have been fully checked out and you are fine. You just have to believe it which you don't at the moment.