PDA

View Full Version : Waking middle of night with dizziness, nausea - bit freaked out!

tirez
10-07-18, 10:54
Hi all,

This is a bit of a weird one, but wanted to post to see if anyone has experienced something similar.

Last night I was awoken from a dream about 3am; well half-awoken and as I opened my eyes I could see the room spinning (kind of like if you’re on a boat and objects start moving). It was accompanied by nausea and freaked me outa fair bit because I couldn’t understand why it was happening. Eventually I sat up and things settled but the nausea continued. I tried to get back to lying down but the same thing would happen. After about half an hour of trying I could suddenly feel the need for a bowel movement and ended up going at 4am.

I did eventually get back to sleep but the whole thing was a bit disturbing. Does anyone know what might cause this? Can anxiety produce this kind of vertigo and nausea, followed by the need to go to the bathroom?

The whole sequence of symptoms just seems so strange to me....

Jotia
10-07-18, 18:09
I have woken up several times at night with very bad nausea and stomach ache. Not so much dizziness but a lightheaded feeling from the confusing of waking up from a dream. It’s like I have to turn the light on and focus on something because when I can’t see it makes it all worse.

Is it possible you could of had a brief stomach upset? Maybe it gave you a temperature and that caused the dizziness. Either way it is probably something very normal and to do with waking up from deep sleep.

tirez
11-07-18, 11:53
I dunno, I don't think I ate anything that would upset my stomach and it certainly wasn't hurting.

I just find it so odd that soon after all this happened I needed a bowel movement as well.

Has anyone experienced and vertigo/dizziness in the middle of the night followed by nausea before? I'm kind of scared it could be something serious...

jray23
11-07-18, 18:20
Has anyone experienced and vertigo/dizziness in the middle of the night followed by nausea before? I'm kind of scared it could be something serious...

Nausea is extremely common with vertigo/dizziness (and even vomiting can happen) so that doesn't strike me as a cause for alarm, and most causes of vertigo/dizziness aren't serious either.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk