PDA

View Full Version : 2 years of constant anxiety

rainbow
10-07-18, 12:30
Well that's 2 years now that my anxiety has been horrendous! This is the longest spell ever for me. Every single day is a battle although I do try to keep doing what I need to do and to put on a happy face, but its incredibly hard.

I honestly believe I have lost my old self for good and that this is my life now. I feel a complete failure.

nomorepanic
10-07-18, 12:42
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

rainbow
10-07-18, 12:55
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Hi, I posted in health anxiety as I suffer from health anxiety.

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Could my post please be moved back to the health anxiety forum?

nomorepanic
10-07-18, 12:59
Your post is about anxiety and not specifically anything health anxiety related.

Not everything has to be posted in the HA forum and you will see we move a lot of posts around when they are.

rainbow
10-07-18, 13:07
Your post is about anxiety and not specifically anything health anxiety related.

Not everything has to be posted in the HA forum and you will see we move a lot of posts around when they are.

The anxiety is health anxiety related, i've been anxious about my bowels for two years now. I don't have gad, I have health anxiety.

nomorepanic
10-07-18, 13:09
Ok I can move it to the bowel issues forum then.

rainbow
10-07-18, 15:00
Ok I can move it to the bowel issues forum then.

That would be good thanks.

KK77
10-07-18, 15:44
I can see from your thread history that you appear to worry a lot about others too, especially loved ones, which is part of GAD. But regardless of "type", they're all still anxiety disorders.

Have you had no success with meds and/or talking therapies?

rainbow
12-07-18, 12:33
I can see from your thread history that you appear to worry a lot about others too, especially loved ones, which is part of GAD. But regardless of "type", they're all still anxiety disorders.

Have you had no success with meds and/or talking therapies?

I've been on citalopram for 14 years and have had cbt three times. My main issue is health anxiety but i've always been a "worrier" since early childhood. I can't see anyway out of this nightmare that i'm living.

KK77
13-07-18, 00:30
Sorry to hear that, Rainbow. What about increasing AD?

I know CBT doesn't work for everyone, especially if anxiety is deeply rooted in the past. Maybe you could consider psychotherapy/counselling.

Unfortunately, there is no short-term quick "fix", but this is something you could ask about, along with possibility of med or dose change.

Never surrender!

WiredIncorrectly
16-07-18, 13:19
I feel your pain about the constant health anxiety. I had it for many years because I refused meds. I'm in the same boat. I recently started Sertraline 150mg which is helping big time. I still have the odd panic attack but my head is 1000x better than it was. I am no longer constantly thinking about health anxiety. I wish it would fix the acrophobia though.

If you're not on meds I think you could benefit from being on something to help.

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

I've been on citalopram for 14 years and have had cbt three times. My main issue is health anxiety but i've always been a "worrier" since early childhood. I can't see anyway out of this nightmare that i'm living.

Ignore my last post. I didn't read this but. It's very possible your Citalopram are no longer working for you. They didn't work for me some years back.