PDA

View Full Version : A solid year of HA

Anxiousamyj
10-07-18, 14:32
Hi all,
I've been doing a smidge better lately, but still have the general feelings of anxiety without much of a reason. In the past year, I've had a CT scan of my brain, many,many blood tests, abdominal ultrasound, h. Pylori test, x Ray of lower abdomen and spine, eye exam, dental exam, pelvic exam, pap smear, breast exam, several physical exams, urine screen several times. Every single thing is normal. I have no pains today, other than some long standing lower back pain that I've had for years and I'm not worried about it. Why do I still feel keyed up and on edge? Why am I still anxious? I'm still questioning whether or not I'm healthy. It's so frustrating. How can I settle down and stop feeling the butterflies in stomach and slight nausea that comes with the fight or flight? I'm constantly trying to find something else to worry about and I don't know how to make it stop. Any advice for me? Also, I can be rest assured that I'm healthy, right? After all those tests?

nomorepanic
10-07-18, 14:37
Have you read the article about HA on the main website and all the sticky threads on here about it - some of them will help a lot.

Anxiousamyj
10-07-18, 17:22
I have read some of them. They do help at times. I'm just losing hope that I'll ever feel normal again. I do have times where I almost feel normal. It's so crazy to me that HA can be so all encompassing and hard to shake. My cousin, who is 42 mentioned to me in passing that he needed a colonoscopy last week due to some symptoms he had for a few months. I was freaking out for him, but he was totally cool about it. His colonoscopy was fine, just a couple internal hemorrhoids. I wish I could be like him. I probably would have had to take sedatives daily to get through that. Lol