PDA

View Full Version : Is this some form of ocd?!

BJF35
10-07-18, 20:54
in January I woke up in the middle of the night having a panic attack. I was having these very strange creepy crawly sensations in the centre of my chest which were just annoying. However, it became so annoying my breathing felt wrong! It then felt like I couldn’t breath properly and I had a mega panic attack.

After a few weeks the creepy crawly sensation thing went ( think it was a trapped nerve or something)

However, since then I’ve had some very bizarre symptoms. I keep having like an energy type feeling in the centre of my chest. I guess like that butterfly sensation you get in your tummy - but right inntge centre of my chest. Sometimes it’s like there is a tiny feather deep inside my chest. It’s like I need to put a coat hanger down my throat to apply pressure in there or to tickle it in some way and because I can’t get in there to scratch it or to apply pressure I get really paniccy because I want it to feel “ just right”. I Feel like I’m always taking deep breaths in the hope that will apply pressure from the inside but it doesn’t quite work. And just reminds me my breathing feels very odd.

It’s actually quite awful and It makes me very panicky. Then it feels so weird in my chest and I’m so frustrated and agitated I can’t get in there and itch it I start panicking. Thing is it’s not all the time.

Is this like an ocd thing? Like a sensorimotor ocd thing? Or health anxiety? It’s safe to say in hyper aware of all these sensations. Or could there be actually something going on ?! Like a real nerve thing?

Please please help! It got so bad the other night I nearly went to hospital! But that was the anxiety talking 🙁

Starryeyed
11-07-18, 22:21
I have this as well since my first PA all I can think about is breathing unless I really distract myself. I always feel nerves in my chest when I get anxious. My heart rate is textbook so I know I won’t die but the anxiety makes it feel like my heart could suddenly stop which is impossible. I am driving my parents crazy but I need to realise that breathing is natural and shouldn’t be stressful.

ginaree
28-07-18, 09:26
I've had the same thing because anxiety. It feels so weird!! I've actually had it all over and convinced myself it was something creepy. ����

Are you having any caffeine before bed? Make sure your nighttime routine is relaxing and peaceful. Lavender, music, and breathing. ��