PDA

View Full Version : help anyone

jb2112
31-07-07, 08:49
I can't go on with this anymore. I still feel like i'm not connected with anything and cannot stand this awful tension/on-edge feeling. I cannot see how I can keep going with this and am thinking there is only one thing to do now. no meds have worked for me and I am lost.
JB

Carol_dearest
31-07-07, 09:49
JB, hi, I just read your message and I have felt that way too. The feeling of 'I can't do this anymore' is a terrible place to be at the moment. I was like it for a long time, the constant fear, the constant feeling of fighting it all. 'The why do I still feel like this?' 'it is never going to go' 'it is wearing me away to nothing' You did not say what it is that you have, anxiety? depression?
But you say that you don't feel like yourself and that can be helped. Have you had a long chat to your doctor? Don't let doctors get you in and out fast. Request a double appointment as you need him/her to listen to you. Does your family support you? again talk to them and make them understand how you are feeling and if you know, why you are feeling as you do.
The feeling of not being able to go on is just your brain needing a rest I would assume. There are many people here who have felt like you, are at the moment feeling just like you. Some of us have felt it and overcome it, just like me.
Many here will help you, our experiences and the care we have for you will hopefully support you.
Don't despair, you will get better.
If you would like to, email me with what is happening and I will help as best I can. If I cannot help, someone here will, I promise.
No matter how big your illness is, there are ways to feel soooo much better.
So don't give up, you have a lifetime of good things still to come.
Carol. (((((( hug )))))

blackie
31-07-07, 09:52
Hiya hun
Sorry to hear your going through such a bad patch. I can completly understand the feeling of not being connected and just suviving each hour. Its not easy. Have you seen anyone about this? There are other treatments around apart from meds. Also exercise, getting out and seeing people, healthy diet, not too much caffine or alcohol and things like that can make you feel better in yourself. Also you could try writting down how your feeling. This really works for me.
We all have ups and downs and it sounds like your in a down at the moment but things will get better. I know its not easy though.
Take care
blackie

jb2112
31-07-07, 10:05
carol/blackie

I;ve done everyting - meds, relaxation, cbt, mindfulness, hypnotherapy etc and I;m still so on edge/depersonalised. I know my mind/body needs to recover but I've been like this for 1.5 years and can't see a way out/how I'm going to improve - so I'm losing hope.

sorry JB

Tanya
31-07-07, 11:27
I can definitely sympathize with you JB because I'm going through a rough patch as well and its making me crazy.

I just feel hopeless and want the pain to stop, but there's nothing I can do but wait for this flare to pass. It hurts in an odd sort of way and my brain doesn't want to work right. I keep running into walls ... literally. Which is quite funny when I do it, but this feeling is just getting on my nerves.

Wish it would just stop and give me a break. I'm sure it will eventually. It has stopped in the past so I'm sure I just have to wait it out.

I'll be thinking about you and hoping yours passes too. Don't give up hope for too long ... we gotta keep our brains from going to mush. Walking into walls is definitely a little on the mushy side too.:blush:

mkeeley
04-08-07, 01:24
As others have said I sympathise totally. It's so demoralising when, however hard you try, you can't make any progress or you think you've made progress only for it to be short lived.

I can't really offer much in the way of advice other than keep at it and try everything you can, and all because a certain thing might not have helped you in the past doesn't mean it won't in the future. I've endured anxiety and PA's for too many years and have only just found something that seems to be working for me (hopefully!).