PDA

View Full Version : Scared of heart attack...

Worrygirl32
11-07-18, 03:14
So I have been under an extreme amount of stress this past couple weeks. I have been extremely irritable and anxious. I have also been depressed. OverallX I haven't been in the best shape. Because I'm depressed I don't have the desire to cook. And because I don't have the desire to cook, I'm not receiving adequate nutrients to sustain energy. I understand that, but frankly all I wanna do is lay in bed. I have been having palpitations on and off. But tonight I experienced like almost a crushing feeling in my chest. It didn't last long. But now I'm worried that I'm causing myself to possibly have a heart attack. I'm only 26, but I read online that you can have a heart attack in the absence of coronary artery disease. This in turn is making me more depressed because I feel like my anxiety is causing me more problems. I am terrified that I have an impending heart attack and I'm extremely depressed about it.

AMomentofClarity
11-07-18, 03:35
You’re 26, you’re not going to have a heart attack, simple as that. I know it’s hard, but you need to find the strength to take care of yourself and treat your anxiety. From there, many of your problems will disappear.

jray23
11-07-18, 18:29
Try to break the cycle with small positive steps. For example, you are too tired and stressed to cook (I understand that one, it feels like such a huge project in your state that you avoid it!) so even though you eat an unhealthy meal take the baby step and eat a banana or some fruit/vegetable also. The positive action will slowly build up...maybe the next day you eat that banana and go for a 10- minute walk, etc. and soon cooking a good meal won't feel so tough.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk