PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and estrogen

scaredgirl86
11-07-18, 08:52
I’ve been reading how anxiety messes with your hormones and make higher levels of estrogen. I looked up symptoms of estrogen that’s high and worried I have that. I worry more because high estrogen causes all kinds of cancer. Anyone know more about this?

Checkdis
11-07-18, 13:55
You can go in for blood work and test for estradiol. Usually you will see an impact on the adrenal glands due to high stress. But to be sure go see an endocrinologist and ask for a full thyroid panel, cortisol, and estradiol. Doctor may order you a 24hr saliva test. But with the numbers from the results I wouldn’t be too concerned unless you are well above the statistical range. Also to order some of tests test you need to present significant signs for insurance to cover the blood work. Some of these tests are very expensive.

Overall I believe you are okay. I have had huge changes related to my hormones, have had every test possible and I am clean. Yes you are right an imbalanced HPTA system can cause increased anxiety and it may be worth investigating. But the body does a great job balancing everything out. Normally 6-8 months for moderate changes to heal. And in some extreme cases like me 1-2 years.

It is important to eat healthy, take a multivitamin, and increase you vitamin D3 a little bit. Do not diet, starvation can impact the thyroid. Also sleep 8 hours a day. Be sure to find times within the day to unplug and relax. Also exercise has a huge influence on reducing stress and anxiety and circulates blood flow so hormones don’t pool somewhere in the body.

scaredgirl86
15-07-18, 22:34
Does the full blood test tell you stuff like that

Elen
16-07-18, 08:12
Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen