PDA

View Full Version : Horrified over the last 6 months about Marfans

MattBananafone34
11-07-18, 12:09
So to start off: I am a 16 year old boy with some symptoms of Marfan Syndrome.
-I have a chest deformity (Mild)
-I have scoliosis (Very Mild)
-I am Skinny and Tall (Almost healthy weight) (6’1)
-I have stretch marks (not a lot)
-I can’t do any wrist signs or all that bullshit.

I am absolutely horrified about my heart and always think of my impending doom. My doctors sent out a letter to me and my family saying they suspect Marfan.

I went to the Orthopedic Surgeon and he said I’m fine
I went to the Eye Doctor and said my eyes are fine.
I went to the Cardiologist and said my heart is fine but I have to be back every 2 years.
Guys I’m scared if I will die of a heart problem and can’t enjoy exercising or hanging out with family and friends. Whenever I’m in the middle of a good time, I just shut down and become anxious :(

I sometimes feel chest pains (probably caused by anxiety or costochondritis) and automatically think it’s my heart.

I went to do a full physical exam about 3 weeks ago and my doctor says my blood and urine is good.

In conclusion, I feel great but the fact that the doctors thought or suspect I have Marfan Syndrome, scares me because I believe there is something there that will kill me instantly. :( I’m currently on vacation and I just want to have a good time like I usually would!

P.S. I’m serbian and all of my relatives are over 6 feet and my parents don’t have Marfan.