PDA

View Full Version : Speech and forgetfullness

deenicole
11-07-18, 17:26
So about a few days ago I had trouble remembering who had told me something, of course my anxiety kicked in and I started freaking out about why I was forgetting things etc. I have a low functioning thyroid ( hypothyroidism) which I know causes forgetfulness, at least that’s what I’ve read…

But Now I find myself focusing on my speech. I hear my self saying words but they come out scrambled and then I fix them. I catch every word I say wrong or sounds like I say it wrong.. Could it be because I am focusing too much on the way I am speaking? I am so scarred I have a serious illness.
Today I was typing out the word place and instead I wrote please?? I am so scarred :(

I know some will say go to a doctor, I did have this same fear a year ago, because I was getting headaches constantly I went to the doctor numerous times.. I had a CT scan, blood work, ekg you name it and it all came back normal. But I feel like I’m in a vicious circle. I get over one fear go to another, then another, then another and then I’m back at the first fear all over again.

I am not on any meds, I have had anxiety for over a year now, but my anxiety gets me anxious about starting pills. I fear that if they don’t work, then I must be crazy.

I was wondering if this could be a symptom of anxiety?

Forgetfulness and scrambling words etc.

As sad as it sounds, I’m hoping I’m not the only one this has happened too.

Please help ☹ I dont know what to do anymore :weep::weep:

Scass
11-07-18, 17:52
Oh this happens to me daily! I work part time and when I’ve not been there for a few days i forget loads of stuff.

When you really focus on it you notice how many mistakes you make, whereas when you’re not bothered about it you probably don’t notice or care that you’ve slipped up.

It’s just life. It happens to everyone please don’t let it get you down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojo2316
11-07-18, 17:53
So whenever I am going through a phase of worrying about a brain tumour- or dementia - I start to scramble my words. And when I’ve worried about ALS I’ve slurred them. I think these things happen when you start over thinking something that usually happens unconsciously. Everything becomes awkward and clumsy. Could this be the case with you?

deenicole
11-07-18, 18:24
Oh this happens to me daily! I work part time and when I’ve not been there for a few days i forget loads of stuff.

When you really focus on it you notice how many mistakes you make, whereas when you’re not bothered about it you probably don’t notice or care that you’ve slipped up.

It’s just life. It happens to everyone please don’t let it get you down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I tend to do it more because I am so focused on it. :( I just wish my anxiety would go away

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

So whenever I am going through a phase of worrying about a brain tumour- or dementia - I start to scramble my words. And when I’ve worried about ALS I’ve slurred them. I think these things happen when you start over thinking something that usually happens unconsciously. Everything becomes awkward and clumsy. Could this be the case with you?

Yes it is possible, its just so scary , just makes me more depressed ... I have had this feeling for a year now and its just so dreading. :weep:

jojo2316
11-07-18, 18:30
Dreading. That is a very good word for how it feels. I know it exactly