PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour fears are back

oxoshannon
12-07-18, 09:18
I’ve had a headache now for days and sickness along with it. The headache has not budged at all and I’m so scared now.

I always try and fight the brain tumour fears but they seem to get me worse every time, it’s horrendous.

I don’t know what to do with myself, the headache won’t settle with tablets or anything. And if a headache comes with sickness I immediately think it’s a brain tumour 😭

jojo2316
12-07-18, 11:17
....... or a migraine??

katniss
12-07-18, 20:09
I’m kind of going through the same thing. I know deep inside that it is probably a sinus issue but I’m still freaked out. My left leg feels tingly and I keep dropping things and misreading words .. just trying my best not to have a full blown panic attack

Nicole0134
12-07-18, 20:18
It sounds like the HA getting a hold again.This week I've had a brain tumour (lips numb), MS (tingling, pins and needles, twitching) but have resisted ALS as no weakness. I've started a symptom diary now! BUT have stopped googling....ish.

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

But should also say - developed migraines at around late 30s. Over the counter pain killers don't touch them - only prescribed. The ones with the sickness are the worst - sounds like what you have.

oxoshannon
12-07-18, 20:44
....... or a migraine??

I know I thought this but the brain tumour stuff took over too much :(

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

I’m kind of going through the same thing. I know deep inside that it is probably a sinus issue but I’m still freaked out. My left leg feels tingly and I keep dropping things and misreading words .. just trying my best not to have a full blown panic attack

I’m sorry to hear this and I hope you can keep yourself as calm as possible - sending thoughts!

In terms of the sinus thing, I actually ended up going to the doctors and a&e today because I just couldn’t cope with the thoughts. The doctor advised I get an eye test, the doctor at a&e however said it sounds like I have an acute sinus infection. He did a lot of neurological tests (the usual, strength checking, following his finger, etc) - he said I was perfectly fine. So off he sent me with the diagnosis of a sinus infection, but here I am still with a headache and sickness and I still can’t really calm down. Not sure where I even possibly go from here? :( I hate the mind. I hate it.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

It sounds like the HA getting a hold again.This week I've had a brain tumour (lips numb), MS (tingling, pins and needles, twitching) but have resisted ALS as no weakness. I've started a symptom diary now! BUT have stopped googling....ish.

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

But should also say - developed migraines at around late 30s. Over the counter pain killers don't touch them - only prescribed. The ones with the sickness are the worst - sounds like what you have.

HA effing sucks, honestly I hate it I hate it I hate it. A symptom diary sounds like a good idea though!! - and migraine sounds like it could be it, as I said in the previous comment that I was told it was sinus problems, just hard to believe isn’t it :( especially when the headaches is at the top of my head mostly. It feels like a hangover? So weird! :(

elle95
12-07-18, 23:27
Hi there, Shannon! I'm sorry you're also going through this, I'm literally you right now. My brain tumor fears are back as well but they seem to have a pattern: everytime I'm off college they gradually start showing :( The same happened on winter and summer breaks last year. Convinced I had one. I've got headaches since I was 14, ct scan at 17 normal, but now I get these sudden severe headaches that last seconds or a minute specially on the top of my head it feels like it's going to explode or something, it's awful and I feel like I'm gonna pass out. I can't concentrate on the things I should as a 22 yr young woman. Sometimes I fear is an aneurysm and Im gonna drop dead...

I believe you don't have one, but I know words will not be enough to change what you think. You are right, Health anxiety is one of the worst manifestations of Anxiety, mines fluctuate between brain cancer, aneursym, heart arrythmia or sudden death.
Hang in there dear, I'm sure you'll be allright, I'm sorry to hear you haven't been relieved. You can go to an eye doctor I heard they can spot signs of a brain tumor. I went to one on january this year, he said eyes were normal and put me on flunarazine and vitamin b shots for the pain! Hope you feel better soon xx.

oxoshannon
13-07-18, 11:44
Hi there, Shannon! I'm sorry you're also going through this, I'm literally you right now. My brain tumor fears are back as well but they seem to have a pattern: everytime I'm off college they gradually start showing :( The same happened on winter and summer breaks last year. Convinced I had one. I've got headaches since I was 14, ct scan at 17 normal, but now I get these sudden severe headaches that last seconds or a minute specially on the top of my head it feels like it's going to explode or something, it's awful and I feel like I'm gonna pass out. I can't concentrate on the things I should as a 22 yr young woman. Sometimes I fear is an aneurysm and Im gonna drop dead...

I believe you don't have one, but I know words will not be enough to change what you think. You are right, Health anxiety is one of the worst manifestations of Anxiety, mines fluctuate between brain cancer, aneursym, heart arrythmia or sudden death.
Hang in there dear, I'm sure you'll be allright, I'm sorry to hear you haven't been relieved. You can go to an eye doctor I heard they can spot signs of a brain tumor. I went to one on january this year, he said eyes were normal and put me on flunarazine and vitamin b shots for the pain! Hope you feel better soon xx.

Hiiiiiii, I'm sorry to hear that :( seems to correlate with stresss then for you!

I've just turned 23 so looks like we're the same age going through the same thing which is really sad. It is rubbish.

I think I am going to make an appointment with the optician then I've done all I can really. The doctors never believe I need a scan or anything so I have to trust their judgement as hard as it is.

Thank you and I hope you do too! xxx

oxoshannon
17-07-18, 09:09
Hey everyone, my fears have not subsided at all but have gotten so worse this morning.

I woke up and walked in the bathroom and could smell gas, my parents couldn’t. Immediately I freaked out and thought about phantom smells being a sign of a brain tumour :(

I lost my mind completely, I just cannot stop crying, I called the Samaritans because I just feel like life is not worth living with this fear anymore. I’ve never felt like this in the sense that life isn’t worth living.

I’m terrified that everything is pointing to a brain tumour, literally everything. I can’t do this anymore :;

Jennabarker
14-09-18, 00:27
I 100% know how you feel. Hang in there