PDA

View Full Version : Return of health anxiety

hopeful1
12-07-18, 13:36
Today my health anxiety has returned, I Have gone months without it, but today is awful. I woke in the night with chest pain which resolved with indigestion tablet and pain killer, but now I am worried it was a heart attack. My husband died 12 years ago... he woke in the night with chest pain and dropped dead 12 hours later.... so now I am clock watching! I feel so anxious and am trying to do normal stuff but just want to cry. I've been shopping which I hate but try to face things anyway, but now home and totally preoccupied with looking out for symptoms. Thought I would write on here and get it out of my head. Feel ridiculous that the anxiety has taken over again out of the blue. Wish it would go and stay away. :weep::weep:

kay1218
12-07-18, 15:53
My health anxiety is completely heart attack based and for me personally, i have absolutely no good reason. I don’t think heart attacks run in my family, I’m 18 so my odds would be good even if they did. But every time my chest or arm hurts I’m absolutely terrified. I found an app called health mate and it can take your heart rate and to a certain extent show you if your beats are evenly spaced (not always correct considering it does it with a phone camera) but that has helped me a lot. Also if you’re finding yourself having panic attacks my counselor suggested dunking your head in a bowl of ice water, it shocks the nervous system and resets you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk