PDA

View Full Version : Hello

dannyjh
31-07-07, 10:56
Hi, my name is Danny I'm 28 and live in Stockport. That's so easy for me to write but is one of the many things that when i have to say out loud to people sends me into uncontrollable panic. My heart starts to pound, my knees become weak, i shake all over and i can't seem to be able to get my words out. I think these are panic attacks but am not to sure. I'm finding this hard to deal with as i like to think that I'm an easy going person with a good nature but the more this goes on the more i seem to be avoiding situations and the problem seems to be getting worse.
The reason I've come on here is that i find it hard to talk about myself to people i know. I'm hoping to meet people on here who understand me and can give me advice, who knows hopefully some day i could be the person giving the advice.

Thanks for listening, Danny:) xxxx

manmoor
31-07-07, 11:28
Hi Danny,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

trac67
31-07-07, 12:24
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xxx

Pink Princess
31-07-07, 12:45
hey welcome aboard, hope you settle in and make good friends here take kare xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
31-07-07, 14:23
HI DANNY
WELCOME,YOU ARE DEFENETLY NOT ALONE, THIS WILL GET BETTER WITH HARD WORK AND STAYING POSITIVE YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF INFORMATION AND SUPPORT HERE WISH YA THE BEST.........LINDA X

nomorepanic
31-07-07, 19:24
Danny

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will soon settle in and feel at home so don't worry.

groovygranny
31-07-07, 21:28
Hello Danny :welcome:to you!

We all help and support one another here, so you're among friends!.......

Pleased to meet you!

:)

Southern_Belle
31-07-07, 23:52
Hi Danny,

Welcome to NMP. So many of us here have felt like you do. You will get tons of support and I can guarantee you that you will give back what you get.

Laura :)

CarpeDiem
01-08-07, 10:22
:) Hi Danny :)

I'm new to the site too & have had loads of advice + encouragement already. Its a great site - there are a lot of people here who have gone through / are going through a similar experience to you so can really understand.
:bighug1:
Its definitely good to talk to people you don't know in "real life" as you don't feel you are burdening them with your problems like it can feel with family & friends at times. I hope you find what you are looking for.
Take care, CarpeDiem xxxxxx

dannyjh
01-08-07, 17:20
Hi CarpeDiem :smile:

Thanks for the advice. there does seem to be some lovely people on here

Danny xxxx

Nibbles
01-08-07, 17:51
Hi Danny and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. You might find the first steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=firststeps) and social phobia (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=socialphobia) information interesting reading. I live in Stockport too and am 24 so feel free to PM me any time.

Take care,

Mike :)