PDA

View Full Version : Concussion Worry

Jintyjen83
14-07-18, 14:55
Last night my son hit his head off my chin and i saw stars with dizziness after. I kept feeling dizzy and had a slightly sore head so phoned nhs24 for some advice, they decided i had a possible bleed on the brain (as a health anxiety sufferer that is not something i wanted to hear!). The paramedics came and said that I seemed fine and that the dizziness and slight headache was normal considering what happened and that nhs24 always go with worst case scenario.

My question is purely for reassurance as i have never had mild concussion before, today i am dizzy/spaced and have a tension type headache that is worse when bending over (shouldn’t be doing the washing!). Is this normal 24 hours after having a hit? I am struggling to determine what is my anxiety (i do get dizziness and headaches easily with it) or concussion.

Thanks!

Pamplemousse
14-07-18, 17:25
I'm sure you've read the information at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/concussion/ and I'd also recommend you read the leaflet from Headway contained within that link.

It sounds pretty much normal after what sounds like a particularly nasty knock you've had; not dissimilar to the one I had a few weeks ago.