ScaredAsHeck
14-07-18, 21:45
- Loss of appetite/weight loss : check
- Faster Heart beat : check
- Insomnia/Trouble sleeping: check
- Cramps: Only when I flex to do a bicep pose my forearms get a crampy feeling
- Constant Anxiety: Check

^^All within the past week and a half^^

I guess this is what I get for chugging reverse osmosis water with 0 minerals nonstop for weeks. I don’t know what to do anymore, been to so many doctors, ER visits, urgent care visits, even had the ambulance at my house 3 times (all of this in the past week and a half).
It’s as clear as day I have a pretty bad magnesium deficiency. I have no one left to turn to, I’m tired of always going to a doctor, wasting money, and bothering my family members, I’m stressing everyone out. Tried taking supps, eating more greens/beans.

The horror stories of what a magnesium deficiency can do to you...Jesus christ.

I’m sorry but this CANT be anxiety.

Eye lids and legs occasionally twitch too.

Bluebird9
14-07-18, 21:50
It's not clear as day, because all of the symptoms you mention are also triggered by stress. But why not (1) take a blood test (2) take magnesium supplements?

ScaredAsHeck
14-07-18, 21:58
It's not clear as day, because all of the symptoms you mention are also triggered by stress. But why not (1) take a blood test (2) take magnesium supplements?

I had a blood test last week and my magnesium levels were at 2.2 which is high average. But I’ve done a ton of research and people and doctors say that magnesium blood tests aren’t 100% accurate. I chew on some 125mg magnesium citrate once to twice a day.

I’m so scared because for once I don’t think I’m being a hypochondriac.

And stress burns magnesium so it’s like wtf, the more I take the more it just burns.

Bluebird9
14-07-18, 22:09
I had a blood test last week and my magnesium levels were at 2.2 which is high average. But I’ve done a ton of research and people and doctors say that magnesium blood tests aren’t 100% accurate. I chew on some 125mg magnesium citrate once to twice a day.

I’m so scared because for once I don’t think I’m being a hypochondriac.

And stress burns magnesium so it’s like wtf, the more I take the more it just burns.

Sometimes we need to step out of our box and look at how things are, dismiss all your theories and consider that:

(1) your blood tests show not only average, but high average

(2) you chew 125 mg of magnesium multiple times a day

(3) all of your symptoms are among the most common stress symptoms

How then can you say that you're not a hypochondriac? Maybe that would be more justifiable if some symptoms were unique to magnesium deficiency, if the blood test was low average, and if you didn't actively take supplements...

It's not bad to admit that one is a hypochondriac, everyone here is

ScaredAsHeck
14-07-18, 22:14
Sometimes we need to step out of our box and look at how things are, dismiss all your theories and consider that:

(1) your blood tests show not only average, but high average

(2) you chew 125 mg of magnesium multiple times a day

(3) all of your symptoms are among the most common stress symptoms

How then can you say that you're not being a hypochondriac? Maybe that would be more justifible if some symptoms were unique to magnesium deficiency, if the blood test was low average, and if you didn't actively take supplements...

That’s the thing. I don’t really take those supplements everyday. Maybe one or two chews. I had 1 and a 1/4 of one today, a banana, spinach and about 2 and a half servings of black beans. I don’t want to go too crazy with the magnesium supps because I’m scared of over dosing and affecting my heart.

I’m just scared. Why is my heart always in the 90s-100s? Why am I waking up so much at night with palpitations? I literally haven’t gotten a full 7-8 hours of sleep in a while. My sleep pattern is broken.

There was this article of this guy who had a headache for 19 days straight, dizziness and he woke up at night a lot with his heart beating fast (like me) turns out he had hypomagnesemia because all he did was drink water non stop (like I do) and he deplited his body of minerals.

I’ve been a hypochondriac all my life. But this feels different...the symptoms are too much for me to ignore and shrug off.

Fishmanpa
14-07-18, 22:16
I don’t think I’m being a hypochondriac.

Your post follows a very familiar pattern and you're posting on a health anxiety forum :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Kingdawson
14-07-18, 22:17
That’s the thing. I don’t really take those supplements everyday. Maybe one or two chews. I had 1 and a 1/4 of one today, a banana, spinach and about 2 and a half servings of black beans. I don’t want to go too crazy with the magnesium supps because I’m scared of over dosing and affecting my heart.

I’m just scared. Why is my heart always in the 90s-100s? Why am I waking up so much at night with palpitations? I literally haven’t gotten a full 7-8 hours of sleep in a while. My sleep pattern is broken.

There was this article of this guy who had a headache for 19 days straight, dizziness and he woke up at night a lot with his heart beating fast (like me) turns out he had hypomagnesemia because all he did was drink water non stop (like I do) and he deplited his body of minerals.

I’ve been a hypochondriac all my life. But this feels different...the symptoms are too much for me to ignore and shrug off.
Do many people even get 8 hours of sleep without waking? I would say the majority of people wake up at least once a night so what exactly are you worrying about

ScaredAsHeck
14-07-18, 22:31
Do many people even get 8 hours of sleep without waking? I would say the majority of people wake up at least once a night so what exactly are you worrying about

I’m scared of the consequences of a magnesium deficiency. My heart is always elevated and my sleep sucks, I either take forever to fall asleep or I wake up once or twice a night with my heart beating like a drum. My forearms cramp up too. All points to magnesium..

nomorepanic
14-07-18, 22:45
Ok, you think it is magnesium so what are you going to do about it?

ScaredAsHeck
14-07-18, 22:52
Ok, you think it is magnesium so what are you going to do about it?

Eating more magnesium rich foods. But I don’t want to have too much because that can mess you up.

What do you think it sounds like I have? Is having a fast heart beat all the time bad? :(

AMomentofClarity
14-07-18, 22:58
“I don’t think I’m being a hypochondriac”
....said every hypochondriac ever

nomorepanic
14-07-18, 23:01
Sounds like anxiety to me

ScaredAsHeck
14-07-18, 23:16
“I don’t think I’m being a hypochondriac”
....said every hypochondriac ever

I don’t know... the symptoms.. the heavily filtered water I drank a lot.... I’m putting all the puzzle pieces together.

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Sounds like anxiety to me

Have you ever had my symptoms? Crappy sleep? Heart fast nearly all the time? Lack of appetite?

nomorepanic
14-07-18, 23:18
I think most people on here have had that

ScaredAsHeck
14-07-18, 23:21
I think most people on here have had that

It’s so hard to calm down though. I just want my heart rate to slow down, I want my worries gone.

nomorepanic
14-07-18, 23:27
If you are worried about your heart then you need to see your doctor to be honest.

Fishmanpa
14-07-18, 23:35
- Loss of appetite/weight loss (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Lack_of_appetite_or_taste_a_tinny_metalli c_or_ammonia_smell_or_taste) : check
- Faster Heart beat : (https://www.anxieties.com/21/panic-step1b#.W0p6c9JKiM8)check
- Insomnia/Trouble sleeping: (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Insomnia_or_waking_up_ill_in_the_middle_o f_the_night_jolting_awake_bad_or_crazy_dreams) check
- Cramps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Muscles_muscle_tension_stiffness_muscle_t witching_tight_scalp_or_neck): Only when I flex to do a bicep pose my forearms get a crampy feeling
- Constant Anxiety: (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Whole_body_symptoms) Check

Respectfully, it's anxiety :shrug:

Positive thoughts

ScaredAsHeck
14-07-18, 23:57
If you are worried about your heart then you need to see your doctor to be honest.

Can’t tell you how many ECG’s I’ve had last week. Yesterday in the ER I had my finger on that pulse thing and the nurses said it was perfect. I have a cardiologist appointment this Wednesday coming up. Every doctor, emt and nurse I’ve seen so far have given me the clean bill of health. Had an appointment with my primary doctor yesterday too and he wasn’t concerned.

:(

nomorepanic
15-07-18, 00:04
ok well there you go then - you are fine.

So it is anxiety then and you have HA

nomorepanic
15-07-18, 00:06
Why did you not mention this in your first post?

ScaredAsHeck
15-07-18, 00:08
ok well there you go then - you are fine.

So it is anxiety then and you have HA

But I’m so worried that maybe I have a problem and everyone just shrugs me off as having Anxiety. Like okay I get that I have anxiety but why though? The trigger had to have been that water. Fast heart, crap sleep and now I’m noticing twitching.

Why does No one think it could be magnesium? Also I’m deficient in vit D.

nomorepanic
15-07-18, 00:12
You keep adding bits in to the original post though.

how do you know you are deficient?

I already said if you think it is magnesium then look into that.

ScaredAsHeck
15-07-18, 00:18
You keep adding bits in to the original post though.

how do you know you are deficient?

I already said if you think it is magnesium then look into that.

Because I have a reverse omosis water filter at my house. We got it installed about a month and a half ago. Ever since that’s all I drank, did some research and found out RO filters have no magnesium or other minerals. Low mag triggers just about all of my current symptoms.

nomorepanic
15-07-18, 00:19
ok so get that looked at then

Fishmanpa
15-07-18, 00:35
When all else fails.... FACTS!

You should have roughly 400mg of magnesium a day. An average liter of water contains roughly 40mg (thanks Google ;)). There's no way you can drink yourself into a deficiency especially in light of scientific medical tests that say you're on the high average side. Three emergency ambulance visits in a week and a half in addition to Urgent Care and the ER and nothing was found. This is indisputable.

The "FACTS" are that this is not a physical issue. What help are you getting with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

ScaredAsHeck
15-07-18, 00:44
When all else fails.... FACTS!

You should have roughly 400mg of magnesium a day. An average liter of water contains roughly 40mg (thanks Google ;)). There's no way you can drink yourself into a deficiency especially in light of scientific medical tests that say you're on the high average side. Three emergency ambulance visits in a week and a half in addition to Urgent Care and the ER and nothing was found. This is indisputable.

The "FACTS" are that this is not a physical issue. What help are you getting with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Make that 3 ER visits and 2 Urgent care visits.

The water filter I have most likely has less Mag than that because it specifically removes magnesium and calcium.

I’m seeing 3 people next week. Monday is a therapist, Wednesday cardiologist and Friday or Saturday is another therapist. My primary doctor told me he knows how hard Anxiety is and whole heartedly assured me that’s what I have, nothing else. He told me my heart is fine and can take the abuse lol. He gave me a lot of helpful tips and wants me to call his office on Monday.

I have so many people who are supporting me who are all telling me I’m fine and that it’s only anxiety but I just can’t accept it. I wish I never googled my symptoms or anything about that filter.

I read a lot of scary articles about magnesium deficiency and how drinking too much water is bad. Today my left eye lid is twitching which is another sign.

I just want my old self back...

Also since I lost a few LBs I’m scared to eat a lot now in fear of refeeding syndrome. My heart will pound if I have high carb meal.

---------- Post added at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

ok so get that looked at then

I did. Blood test came back as 2.2 but apparently according to some doctors from quick google searches, blood tests on magnesium aren’t conclusive.

I feel like I’m in a rabbit hole only going deeper and deeper, I want to get out. I believe it was a RBC count or Serum test.

When they took blood from me last week I asked what they were checking for and the nurse told me “everything” so I have like 5 pages of things they checked for.

nomorepanic
15-07-18, 00:47
You have HA and need to get help with that to be honest.

Why are you posting in the HA forum if that is not what you have?

Fishmanpa
15-07-18, 00:48
I’m seeing 3 people next week. Monday is a therapist, Wednesday cardiologist and Friday or Saturday is another therapist. My primary doctor told me he knows how hard Anxiety is and whole heartedly assured me that’s what I have, nothing else. He told me my heart is fine and can take the abuse lol. He gave me a lot of helpful tips and wants me to call his office on Monday.

Great reassurance and support from your doctor. I'll have the "Told Ya So Gang" ready after your cardiologist visit ;)

II feel like I’m in a rabbit hole only going deeper and deeper, I want to get out.

You know you are but good for you for seeing the therapists. That's a big step to finding your way out :yesyes:

Positive thoughts

ScaredAsHeck
15-07-18, 00:49
You have HA and need to get help with that to be honest.

Why are you posting in the HA forum if that is not what you have?

Yes my HA is the worst it’s ever been. I’m posting here because I know this is what I have and I know you can all relate to my anxiety. I just want these stupid thoughts gone.

nomorepanic
15-07-18, 00:51
well get help for this then

ScaredAsHeck
15-07-18, 01:02
You know you are but good for you for seeing the therapists. That's a big step to finding your way out :yesyes:

Positive thoughts

The only symptom I have that worries and bothers me is my elevated pulse to be honest. It’s like 90s-100s. Sometimes higher if I check too much. I do notice it can slow to the 70s-80s at night. Even 60s when I’m in bed playing a game.

---------- Post added 15-07-18 at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was 14-07-18 at 23:52 ----------

well get help for this then

Thanks for putting up with my posts. I’m sure you’ve seen some severe cases before.

nomorepanic
15-07-18, 17:55
We will try and help all we can

Shadowhawk
15-07-18, 18:47
The only symptom I have that worries and bothers me is my elevated pulse to be honest. It’s like 90s-100s. Sometimes higher if I check too much. I do notice it can slow to the 70s-80s at night. Even 60s when I’m in bed playing a game.

---------- Post added 15-07-18 at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was 14-07-18 at 23:52 ----------

Thanks for putting up with my posts. I’m sure you’ve seen some severe cases before.

When you get worried, focus on the fact that it does slow when you are calm.

Physiological (aka, body and chemistry) problems will persist all day, regardless of mental state. If a deficiency is causing the elevation, it will do so regardless of your mood, because it would be a problem with the electrical regulations of your heart.

Psychological (aka, your mind) problems will fluctuate in response to your stress, mood, and anxiety. Your heart rate will elevate during anxious times, in preparation of the fight or flight response (ensuring you are properly prepared to act). Here is the problem -
- You get anxious (perhaps even subconscious at first), which triggers your initial elevation.
- You then become aware of the elevation, which triggers an active axious response.
- This response then hightens your rate further, as you are now actively prepared for f&f

And thus you find yourself in the cycle - you worry, and your worry creates more thing to worry about. When you game, your mind is now off the alert mode, and the hormones respond in change and you calm down.

I would suggest you research focused breathing exercises (breath in 4 seconds, exhale 8 seconds), and this will have a positive change in your heart rate (and anxiety in general.

And remember, positive thoughts.

ScaredAsHeck
15-07-18, 21:06
When you get worried, focus on the fact that it does slow when you are calm.

Physiological (aka, body and chemistry) problems will persist all day, regardless of mental state. If a deficiency is causing the elevation, it will do so regardless of your mood, because it would be a problem with the electrical regulations of your heart.

Psychological (aka, your mind) problems will fluctuate in response to your stress, mood, and anxiety. Your heart rate will elevate during anxious times, in preparation of the fight or flight response (ensuring you are properly prepared to act). Here is the problem -
- You get anxious (perhaps even subconscious at first), which triggers your initial elevation.
- You then become aware of the elevation, which triggers an active axious response.
- This response then hightens your rate further, as you are now actively prepared for f&f

And thus you find yourself in the cycle - you worry, and your worry creates more thing to worry about. When you game, your mind is now off the alert mode, and the hormones respond in change and you calm down.

I would suggest you research focused breathing exercises (breath in 4 seconds, exhale 8 seconds), and this will have a positive change in your heart rate (and anxiety in general.

And remember, positive thoughts.

Thanks for your reply and tips. I had a .25mg of Xanax for the first time yesterday and my heart rate went into the 60s and 70s(although it did feel like it was rapid even though it was low, if that makes sense). Until it wore off. I took another one this morning and it went down again. So i guess it’s safe to say that when I’m calm and my heart slows that’s a good sign it may not be a deficiency. It’s just hard because the moment I even so much as think of what my pulse is, it goes up to the 90s-100s and stays there.

I also noticed my legs were still twitching even under Xanax. Not sure if that’s worth worrying about. Since yesterday I’ve been having twitches pretty much all over my body.

Kingdawson
15-07-18, 22:53
Thanks for your reply and tips. I had a .25mg of Xanax for the first time yesterday and my heart rate went into the 60s and 70s(although it did feel like it was rapid even though it was low, if that makes sense). Until it wore off. I took another one this morning and it went down again. So i guess it’s safe to say that when I’m calm and my heart slows that’s a good sign it may not be a deficiency. It’s just hard because the moment I even so much as think of what my pulse is, it goes up to the 90s-100s and stays there.

I also noticed my legs were still twitching even under Xanax. Not sure if that’s worth worrying about. Since yesterday I’ve been having twitches pretty much all over my body.

The twitching should pretty much confirm it's anxiety for you(along with everything else).

ScaredAsHeck
16-07-18, 17:36
So, after like 2 weeks of constant anxiety, constant high pulse and crappy sleep thinking it was magnesium issues. Last night I feel asleep to one of those subconscious relaxation videos. I had a nightmare and It felt like my pulse went sky high in the nightmare but I ended up waking up with my heart like in the 90-100s. And all day today my heart rate has been pretty low like in the 60-70s and believe it or not I’m worried lol, as crazy as that sounds. Like what if my heart was like 200bpm during that nightmare and it was beating so fast that now my heart is slow because it’s weak now.

Am I being irrational? :(

AMomentofClarity
16-07-18, 17:49
Am I being irrational? :(

YES! Stop monitoring your heart rate. It’s fine, you’ve been told it’s fine by how many doctors??? By self testing, you’re putting yourself through an endless cycle of health anxiety that will absolutely continue until you address the mental/emotional side of things.

ScaredAsHeck
16-07-18, 18:05
YES! Stop monitoring your heart rate. It’s fine, you’ve been told it’s fine by how many doctors??? By self testing, you’re putting yourself through an endless cycle of health anxiety that will absolutely continue until you address the mental/emotional side of things.

A lot of doctors and people in the medical field. This sucks man. Always living in fear thinking something is wrong. I wish I could just snap my fingers and stop anxiety.

ankietyjoe
16-07-18, 18:07
You need to stop creating the 'what if's' inside your head. Your heart rate is now exactly where it should be (literally spot on). If you're worrying about that, you really need to make the decision to stop checking. That's the only 'first step' that you need to take right now.

You are creating situations in your head that aren't based in reality at all.

Your heart beating at 200bpm won't make it weak. That's just not how it works, unless it was beating that fast for days on end.

You are being textbook irrational.

ScaredAsHeck
16-07-18, 18:19
You need to stop creating the 'what if's' inside your head. Your heart rate is now exactly where it should be (literally spot on). If you're worrying about that, you really need to make the decision to stop checking. That's the only 'first step' that you need to take right now.

You are creating situations in your head that aren't based in reality at all.

Your heart beating at 200bpm won't make it weak. That's just not how it works, unless it was beating that fast for days on end.

You are being textbook irrational.

Yes, the what if’s in my head are pretty irrational. Making me think I have a problem, like a magnesium deficiency, or this or this or that. Googling never helps and I’ve noticed if I google my symptoms I end up giving myself even more anxiety. So it’s like I already know what’s causing me immense anxiety and what makes it worse, a rational person would go “okay, if this is stimulating my anxiety then I will stop doing it”.. but me, I just dig deeper into the rabbit hole. I mean, my heart is in the right place when it comes to research and connecting the dots..but it can be a blessing and a huge curse as you can see.

nomorepanic
16-07-18, 18:52
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.