PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to anyone else?

Nicole0134
15-07-18, 13:14
I have all the normal symptoms which convince a HA sufferer that they have MS (or worse). Then I read something on here that persuades me it's normal symptoms of anxiety and I calm down. But then, out of nowhere - I'll get another massive twitch (eg chin) which literally makes me go weak at the knees and the whole cycle starts again. Few days of "symptoms", calming down, being reasonable with myself but then it all kicks off again. I don't feel hugely anxious but I suppose I'm usually pretty close to the edge....

vicky23
17-07-18, 14:04
Yeah I think that's pretty standard for HA sufferers.

nomorepanic
17-07-18, 14:21
Yes it is normal but you need to find a way of breaking that cycle before it happens.

KK77
17-07-18, 14:31
This is the normal HA cycle and being aware of triggers is important if you are going to stop it.

Tackle your anxiety, not the symptoms.

Nicole0134
18-07-18, 07:53
Thanks for your reassurances. Just need to work out how to tackle the anxiety as you say - and resisting meds as already on tamoxifen as high risk breast cancer. Don't want to muddy the waters so to speak. Anyone tried mindfulness?

vicky23
19-07-18, 15:51
Yeah I've tried mindfulness through the 'headspace' app. It was useful but it had it's limits, I use it as a tool every now and again. I think it works best combined with therapy. I found CBT really helpful. I referred through my GP, it's worth asking yours about it.