PDA

View Full Version : Awful stomach pain, can't figure it out, feel terrible

Nutation
15-07-18, 15:23
Hi all,

My symptoms started 3 months ago suddenly one day with bad upper center stomach pain. Went to the doc and started on a PPI for possible gastritis. It seemed to help but then pain didn't go away so had an upper scope which was normal.

I still chalked the pain up to gastritis after another flare and then the pain seemed to get better, but now for the past 3 weeks it's been extremely constant and worsening. Seems to be mostly in the center but also off to the left sometimes, and sometimes off to the right and also I can get the pain in my ribs, sides, and chest (very uncomfortable). Bowels have mostly been okay except there's some diarrhea when this pain is at it's worst. Doesn't really seem to relate to when I eat. Maybe some nausea sometimes when the pain is really bad, but no vomiting. The only other symptom I have is increased burping.

Got an ultrasound a few days ago but no results yet. I'm good at fighting through the pain but literally haven't been able to do anything the last few days because of it. I'm miserable. Young and no prior stomach issues. I can't get my mind off cancer - ovarian cancer (I have a history of cysts and have been having some cyst-like pain but maybe this time it's cancer), colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, liver cancer?? The GI doctor I saw didn't even have any guesses as so what my pain could be and said it "probably isn't" cancer which was NOT reassuring. I just can't do this anymore. any advice or thoughts are appreciated :( I want this pain gone.

---------- Post added at 07:23 ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 ----------

And sometimes my pain also seems slightly lower too. Basically moves all over but always seems to come back to upper center (maybe slightly left). Am hoping it's gallbladder but I only have the right upper pain sometimes, and no vomiting or anything

Halle0587
29-07-18, 22:40
Did you figure this out?