PDA

View Full Version : Return of the worrier!

anxiousdave82
15-07-18, 19:13
Hi all
I had an account on this forum several years ago. I suffered with anxiety and PA's and whereas the bouts of these anxious moments have decreased in severity over the years, i still remain a sufferer who is in need of help.

In 2012 i secured a job and i have just celebrated my 6th year in the company. I wonder if anyone else can associate with the below.

Each time i book holiday from work (be it a week or two), my anxiety levels
skyrocket whilst i am at home and i dread going back to work again. I am my own worst enemy in this respect. Instead of going out, doing things, i stay at home recluse and i get too used to my comfort zone (home) that the outside world starts to become an anxious place again This has happened again and i go back to work tomorrow after a fortnights holiday and i feel worried, i can't breathe properly at the thought of travelling to and being at work. I can't get a proper breathe and my heart races at times. I am depressed at the realisation that i have spent my holiday doing nothing and to top it off, the guilt i feel from that is compounded by the anxiety of going back to work.

I suffer with anxiety when in situations i feel i can't easily escape from (travel) and my biggest fear is feeling i can't breathe so much that i feel lightheaded. This has always been one of my biggest fears.

Can anyone advise me what i can do to aid my breathing as i get ready to go back to work? My chest feels tight, my left pectoral over my heart feels heavy for some reason. I did a BP check on myself a little while ago and my readings were 125/89 with a heart rate of 78 bpm. I am 36 by the way. I was in my late 20s i think when i last visited this forum. Not much has changed.

Thanks all for reading. I am worried and depressed.

Dave

nomorepanic
15-07-18, 20:28
Dave - we prefer members to stick to one account so please PM me the details so I can merge them.