PDA

View Full Version : I feel numb!!! What helps you?

Lucylee
15-07-18, 23:31
I'm not very good at explaining... but here goes lately I've had so much on, so many things happen, so many changes. That I feel numb to it all, yet I know I should be feeling some sort of emotion but yet can't. I feel like my life swings off rounderbouts and I'm still in the same situation I was a few months back. I love running and I stopped which I'm starting again tomorrow, it makes me feel free, running off all the emotional baggage. What makes you motivated, what makes you feel so much better? And please don't say food... I'm a binge eater and I'm trying my hardest to kick it in the butt but when things happen like this I find myself there again. Ideas of starting a fresh and staying on track... what do I need to do more of, or how can I stay away from negativity even though I get dragged into it because I'm like one of those people who can't say no, or I care way to much!

mezzaninedoor
16-07-18, 07:26
so, im not sure I have the expertise BUT
if you love Running then try and push yourself to continue, exercise is as Im sure you are aware great for Mental Health
i binge eat but Ive started Slimming World, one of the things that has helped me is keeping a food diary which has meant that I have cut down on bad foods as I know exactly what Im consuming
I find that the next few things are part of my Mental Health toolbox: - Mindfulness, CBT , Spoken Word books, Chill out music , Mindful walking

Good Luck LucyLee