PDA

View Full Version : Desperation: Restart Effexor or not??

PeggyJoan
16-07-18, 17:14
Hello! I have visited NMP a *lot* and have at last joined!

I am 70 and physically healthy. However, I am desperate and would dearly love some advice. I admire members' vulnerability and courage when sharing their lives. I truly feel safe here.

I have suffered from general anxiety my. entire. life. I remember as a child being fearful my mom had run away and often checked her closet to see if she had done exactly that (not a happy home as I'm sure many of you can relate). Fast forward many years and I still have anxiety and fear.

I have been off and on anti-depressants for anxiety for the past 20 years. I tapered off Effexor and have been 'clean' for 4 weeks. Withdrawal was going okay UNTIL a week ago. I have slept an average of 3 hours a night since then and am anxiety ridden. I tried Xanax, CBD oil, L-theanine, etc. to settle my monkey brain but nights are hell for me.:(

I have an appointment tomorrow with my NP who put me on Effexor. I know she will advise me to get back on it. I only took 37.5 mg. - she wanted me to take 75 but I refused. SO, it did help me but I still had anxiety - perhaps I should have tried the 75.

My ramblings are all over the place - sorry! Has anyone experienced horrible insomnia with Effexor (or anti-depressants) withdrawal, if so, what did you do? Did you realize you needed to go back on your anti-depressant?

Thank you!
Peggy Joan

venusbluejeans
16-07-18, 17:21
Hiya PeggyJoan and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: