PDA

View Full Version : Finally joined!

PeggyJoan
16-07-18, 17:37
I have already posted my anxiety story, but that's not who I am!

SO, I am a 70 year old woman, but don't feel it. I walk daily and am still working on eating better. :/

My husband has had bladder cancer but is doing well after lots of surgery. We live in the midwest on a tiny farm. We just moved here (at this late age) and love our chickens and our little farm house.

I real a *lot* and more so since I retired. I am by choice alone often, but of course as a result there's more time for thinking. :)

Life is good but my goal is "No More Panic". Your stories have helped me bunches, and that 'we are all connected' thing is really true. I look forward to meeting my new friends!

Peggy

venusbluejeans
16-07-18, 17:42
Hiya PeggyJoan and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Roseessa
16-07-18, 17:54
Hi,
You are right anxiety isn't who you are.
Ohhh you have chickens?
Where abouts do you live?
I hope your husband is okay.
Sadly yes, alone time means for time to think which can be bad at times and good other times.

PeggyJoan
16-07-18, 18:01
Hi Rosessa!
I live in downstate Illinois, and it really is fun having chickens.

And you are correct - the more alone time, the more time to think obsessively!

My anxiety usually manifests itself in health fears. Why, I have even had elbow cancer. LOL I am poking fun at myself, but health anxiety is awful and keeps us from enjoying life.

Thanks for responding!
Peggy