PDA

View Full Version : Scared I have bowel cancer - please help

Anon0991
15-07-18, 19:55
Hi,

I am a 26 year old female. I came off the progesterone only pill after 10 years on birth control recently to see if that helped with my anxiety issues. Within a few weeks of stopping the pill I started getting mild rectal pain which after a couple of days turned into severe left sided pelvic pain and lower abdo pain which was worse after peeing. The doctors thought I had a kidney stone and after a clear abdo ultrasound, clear bloods and clear urine test they sent me away with antibiotics which did ease the pain.

Around a week after I finished the antibiotics I started getting rectal pain again which again turned into severe pelvic and lower abdo pain, however this time it alternated between left and right sided and was a lot worse than the last time. The doctors said I had a pelvic infection and gave me metronidazole and ofloxacin and took pelvic swabs. Pelvic swabs were clear and I had more bloods done which were normal including a CA125 level of 8.5 which the doctor said is fine.

I have finished the antibiotics but I am still in mild pain, mainly right sided pelvis pain and rectal pain. I have also noticed that after a BM any pressure on my rectum causes lower right sided abdo pain which eases after around 20 mins.

I am awaiting a transvaginal ultrasound, and I have thought for years that I have endometriosis (pelvic pain during sex and heavy, very irregular periods) and I think it’s strange that this has all started after I stopped the pill, however my anxiety is taking over a bit and I’m terrified of it being ovarian, uterine or bowel cancer. Just as a summary, my symptoms are -

Pain during sex, heavy and irregular periods even when on the progesterone only pill, severe pelvic pain that comes and goes and alternates sides, lower abdo pain especially after peeing, rectal pain, moderate right sided lower abdo pain after a BM, aches in tops of legs and hips on the same side as the pelvis pain.

Has anyone else ever experienced this with endo?

Anon0991
16-07-18, 17:56
Hi,

I am a 26 year old female and I came off the progesterone only pill around a month and a half ago as I suffer badly with anxiety and wanted to see if that would help. I was on the combined pill for around 5 years and the progesterone only pill for around 4 years.

Within a couple of weeks of coming off the pill I developed mild rectal pain for a couple of days which led to severe left sided pelvic pain and lower abdominal pain that was worse after peeing. Doctors said I had a kidney stone and after clear urine tests, clear bloods, and a clear external ultrasound I was sent away with antibiotics which did help initially. Around a week later I developed the rectal pain again and after a couple of days this turned into severe pelvic and lower abdo pain, however this time the pelvic pain alternated sides. This time the doctor said I had a pelvis infection and gave me metronidazole and ofloxacin, which again helped however my pelvic swabs came back clear and my second lot of bloods which this time included CA125 all came back normal (CA125 was 8.5).

I finished my antibiotics a few days ago but I am still getting twinges which are all on the right side this time and mild rectal pain which mainly feels like it is around my tailbone - both of these come and go. I am also getting lower right abdo pain after a BM when any pressure is put on my bum but this eases after 20 mins or so.

I have a follow up appointment in a few days where I will mention all of this but in the meantime I am very concerned that it could be bowel cancer as this is a big fear of mine. My paternal grandmother had bowel cancer in her mid 30s and although genetic tests have found that it is not genetic and my father has always had clear colonoscopies it is still on my mind a lot. I have been wondering if it could also be endometriosis - I have always experienced pelvic pain during sex and heavy, very irregular periods and it all seems to have timed well with coming off the pill.

Is it likely that this could be endometriosis? Has anyone had a similar experience to this anxiety and if so what was the outcome?

nomorepanic
16-07-18, 18:54
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.