PDA

View Full Version : Rabies fear from dog saliva

xiuxiuminmin99
16-07-18, 20:28
Hello, it is my first post here. I am 18 years old and from the Philippines where rabies is still quite a problem.

So, hello. I havent really visited a psychiatrist but I know that I may have OCD or an anxiety disorder. I have the symptoms. However, I can handle it more than before through self help.channels and reading recovery forums.

Here is my story. 4 years ago, I was walking in our street when I saw a stray dog munching on some garbage inside a plastic bag. The dog doesnt really look rabid to me. However, on my way back home I accidentally stepped onto the same garbage bag and a few liquid went to my foot. I went to our house and washed it away.

Then I was extremely anxious on getting rabies through that incident. First, the skin may have micro wounds where the saliva may enter. Rabies may also not be prevalent in the dog but I think its possible that the dog has it in the early stage of the disease so its not very visible. Ive read in the internet that there are cases wherein rabies symptoms showed up years after exposure to it. I havent went to a doctor to talk about this yet. I have had fever and even dengue in the past 4 years.

I thought I am already moved on from this fear but last week, I suddenly had fever. Now, I.can feel some sensations in my foot and Im afraid that this is rabies finally showing up. What do i do

Fishmanpa
16-07-18, 20:34
What do i do

Nothing at all :lac:

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
16-07-18, 20:36
4 years ago....I think you’re good.

MRS STRESS ED
16-07-18, 20:40
l am not sure why you would honestly think this l mean you don't even know what the liquid was on the bag come on lets get real here what are the chances ermmm slim to nothing :doh:

xiuxiuminmin99
16-07-18, 20:53
Wow thank you, but I still have to convince myself further but im getting to iy

MRS STRESS ED
16-07-18, 21:06
please believe me you're not :D

paranoid-viking
16-07-18, 22:18
No chance.

xiuxiuminmin99
17-07-18, 07:55
really?

ankietyjoe
17-07-18, 10:39
No chance whatsoever.

0%

Not even possible.

Marj11
23-07-18, 13:53
Hello, it is my first post here. I am 18 years old and from the Philippines where rabies is still quite a problem.

So, hello. I havent really visited a psychiatrist but I know that I may have OCD or an anxiety disorder. I have the symptoms. However, I can handle it more than before through self help.channels and reading recovery forums.

Here is my story. 4 years ago, I was walking in our street when I saw a stray dog munching on some garbage inside a plastic bag. The dog doesnt really look rabid to me. However, on my way back home I accidentally stepped onto the same garbage bag and a few liquid went to my foot. I went to our house and washed it away.

Then I was extremely anxious on getting rabies through that incident. First, the skin may have micro wounds where the saliva may enter. Rabies may also not be prevalent in the dog but I think its possible that the dog has it in the early stage of the disease so its not very visible. Ive read in the internet that there are cases wherein rabies symptoms showed up years after exposure to it. I havent went to a doctor to talk about this yet. I have had fever and even dengue in the past 4 years.

I thought I am already moved on from this fear but last week, I suddenly had fever. Now, I.can feel some sensations in my foot and Im afraid that this is rabies finally showing up. What do i do

Hi! I'm also from the Philippines and I know rabies is still a problem in our country. As you can see, it's already 4 years and nothing happened to you. Some symptoms may appear after years but I read that those are also rare. I think you're just fine. I assumed you checked your leg and if you didn't fine any visible wound then you're okay. No broken skin and you even washed it so you're fine.

lofwyr
23-07-18, 14:50
Virtually unheard of. Rare is rare because it is, well, rare. And what you are talking about is like catching lightning in a bottle rare.