PDA

View Full Version : Could an abscess/spot around the anal area cause swollen groin lymph nodes?

ShaunRyder
16-07-18, 23:04
Was not sure where to post this so feel free to move it :)

So a week ago Saturday two nodes in my groin suddenly came up and were quite sore, it only lasted day and the soreness went and I believe they are smaller (apart from my poking and prodding as I am a HA sufferer :doh: ). I'd say a week (maybe less) before they came up I was having a little stinging sensation around the anal area but I did not think much of it, then it got worse to the point I could barely poop, then I noticed my nodes were sore, I did not put them together at the time as my HA was more focused on other stuff. Today I got my girlfriend to have a look around the anal area (I know I know! :blush: ) and she said she can see a small reddish bump which looks like it has pus in it ,could this bring up groin lymph nodes?

StephA
17-07-18, 20:44
My husband has had anal abscesses a few times. IF that is what you have you’ll need to see a rectal surgeon and have it cut open and drained. Perhaps you should ask the doc about the nodes. They never made my husband’s nodes swell. He also developed a fistula and that didn’t make them swell either. You really do need to see the doc ASAP because those are xtrelynpaonful and will only get worse and they can cause other issues, so please see a rectal surgeon and get them to take a look!

ames247
30-07-18, 20:26
Hi Shaun, did you get to the bottom of this? (No pun intended!) I have just posted panicking about lymph nodes that I have had come up after a nasty abscess in my groin. Although I only noticed the painless one a few weeks after it had gone. My gp says it is the nodes being reactive to the skin abscess and to go back in two weeks if they haven’t gone down but obviously as I have HA I have automatically told myself it’s lymphoma.