PDA

View Full Version : bloating worse on eating and soreness in side - worried..

sammiej123
17-07-18, 11:56
I have just come out of hospital - i had to go because i has a suspected gall bladder infection or appendicitis - i cannot even describe my levels of anxiety having not been in hospital since childhood. After an ultra sound they found no sign of these. I am on two lots of strong antibiotics one of them made me feel so panicky i had to stop it! It is the not knowing what this is .. can anyone of you lovely people help please??

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

I should have mentioned that my symptoms were feeling very bloated and a soreness on my right side not low down. My blood tests showed that my CRP's were raised, my liver function, something to do with my pancreas (cant remember the name). The surgeon didn't seem overly concerned about the blood tests but couldn't tell me what it was.. which for someone with anxiety is like the hugest red flag! I am thinking allsorts, Pancreatic cancer etc etc ..... please help !

ankietyjoe
17-07-18, 13:44
Were you on the antibiotics before, or have you been put on them because of the pain/suspected infection?

vicky23
17-07-18, 13:46
Well first thing to remember and reassure yourself with is that Dr's are well trained to look for illness. I can understand how anxious you must feel, sometimes it helps me to say 'it's a difficult situation but there's nothing I can do about it. I've just got to trust the Dr's'
I hope you get the answers really soon
XXX

sammiej123
17-07-18, 14:19
I wasn’t on them before going in to hospital. My anxiety is awful at the moment really struggling especially being on my own living alone. I am on metronidazole and was on levothoxcin but have come off those they can cause anxiety 😟 I keep feeling tight around my neck although I know this is classic anxiety isn’t it.. I hate this illness

ankietyjoe
17-07-18, 14:45
Antibiotics increase my anxiety every time. People will come in and say it's psychosomatic. It's not.

It usually passes after you finish the course.

As for the hospital trip, I would just take it as fact that nothing concerning was found.

Anxiety put me in hospital half a dozen times, each time nothing was wrong despite real and sometimes significant symptoms.

sammiej123
18-07-18, 10:00
Thank you for taking the time to respond, much appreciated. I hate anxiety I feel it is ruining my life and every time I think I am dealing with it comes back. Feel that my GP just doesn't get it..