PDA

View Full Version : Nasal Biopsy- can’t cope with this stress

Cf1988
17-07-18, 11:19
Long time sufferer of health anxiety, but I think it’s finally broken me this time.

About two months ago I had a nosebleed, looked up my nose and could see a growth on my septum. Being a sufferer of health anxiety I obviously looked it up and I’ve come to the conclusion I have nasal cancer or a nasal papilloma.

The consultants at the hospitals have spun this out for ages. I had a CT scan a month ago only in the follow up to be told it needs to be biopsied. No idea why it wasn’t done the opposite way around? Surely that makes more sense?

For two months now I’ve thought about NOTHING else. The level of dread I feel in my body is absolutely suffocating an I feel like I’m drowning. I’ve been to the gp for times in the last month to get something for the anxiety but they’ve given me nothing.

I genuinely feel like I’m going to struggle to carry on under this amount of pressure. I know you all understand what this feels like. I’m sorry for ranting but I’m so anxiety ridden about this biopsy that my levels of stress are unbearable

jojo2316
17-07-18, 14:33
Could it be a nasal polyp? Quite common i think... I had on (found in the same way as yours...)