PDA

View Full Version : MS Fear

pantsam
17-07-18, 11:59
My problems started about 10 days ago, when I realised I had a pain in my upper left abdomen. I googled it, and convinced myself I have pancreatitis. After days of stressing out, I got a lump in my throat, started getting random muscle twitches and cramps around my body, felt a tightness in the back of my head and neck, felt tight in my calves and arms, had a stomach ache, felt brief numbness in my legs and arms, felt invisible tremors when going to bed and started seeing black eye floaters. Obviously, during the middle of all these episodes i convinced myself I have MS. After some tests with my GP, he says there is no way I have MS, and that it is near unheard of in my ethnic origin.

I was relatively okay after my GP visit, but I realised that after a hot shower my calves get really tense and tight, and feel like they are burning. Now I am worried that I do have it, because of that 'hot bath test' for MS. My friend told me the tightness is just because I have been tense for days, and whilst the hot shower relaxes your muscles, it gets very tight after you finish the shower.

Can anyone confirm this? Because I am freaking out!

nomorepanic
17-07-18, 13:56
Doesn't sound like anything more than anxiety symptoms to be honest.

KK77
17-07-18, 14:24
I don't think your GP could have been more categorical in ruling MS out, so I doubt anything we say here will convince you otherwise. And the "hot bath test" is one of many anecdotal signs and symptoms of which you have basically none.

The culprit here is anxiety (and Googling). Dealing with that is the first and last step.