PDA

View Full Version : Even planning my death 😢

sjr1969
18-07-18, 18:02
My dad had MS, my late brother had something neurological wrong (weak left side) nothing ever diagnosed, my mum has Parkinson’s and vascular dementia and now found out my brother also has Parkinson’s. He got it late 40s. Same age as me. . So yes I do worry about health over the years . ALOT.
However I am very worried about my movements but scared to see GP.
Hard to explain but when I move my arms by bending my elbows out to the front or to the side the movemen is juddery. You can actually see it judder. Also if I move my foot up and down from my ankle it does the same
I’m so scared I’m even thinking if I had it i wouldn’t want to be here anymore as I’ve seen what lives my parents and brother have lived with it. I don’t know what to do 😢. I know I’ve always worried about health but this is something I can actually see. Please help

Fishmanpa
18-07-18, 18:10
If you're that concerned, the bottom line is you have to bite the bullet and see a doctor. No one here can tell you what's going on nor can we drag you to the doctor :shrug:

Positive thoughts

claire92
18-07-18, 18:14
You really need to see the doctor if there's something up. They will be able to help much better than all of us can on here. Don't be scared - more and more medicines are being created every day. Plus, it's much better to know these things than not to. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think it is. If it makes you feel any better, my mum has MS and she lives a very full and happy life.

MRS STRESS ED
18-07-18, 19:57
hi im sorry to hear you're story about your family but it doesn't mean it is you as well but you know as well as everyone else you need to get it checked out,and hopefully its nothing see you're doctor its the only way to put your mind at rest xx :hugs:

sjr1969
18-07-18, 22:18
Thank you z

KK77
18-07-18, 22:22
Having "juddery" movements when flexing foot, arms etc is actually very common and isn't really a symptom of anything. I'm sure your GP wouldn't be too concerned. However, it is important you deal with this head-on and make an appointment. Then you can move on with your life.

Ethansmom
19-07-18, 00:29
I understand how you feel, but you should go to the doctor for piece of mind. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's at 65 and is now 71. I get the shakes all the time and I am going to get a full physical next month. I hope everything turns out well for you. Don't let your mind wander though...