PDA

View Full Version : Really anxious after friend dispute

Anxiouscow
18-07-18, 19:10
Hey there,

I've got this friend who I really care about. Basically, we had an argument because she did something pretty bad...

Anyways, I was angry and a little intoxicated (bad choice) so I vented to a mutual friend what had happened and they said that I had every right to be angry and that I wasn't overreacting. However, in the midst of my stupidity and drunkenness, I was speaking very loudly and a few other friends heard my rant and went and told her.

She was pissed. She had every right to be, as it wasn't good that I made her look bad in front of people. Although what she did was wrong what I did was equally as bad; and I did send her a very long and sincere apology. She has accepted it, and she claims she isn't angry at all - I told her I was worried that things will never be the same again (our friendship is one I cherish), but she said that she swears it will be the same and that sometimes people (including her), do stupid things that they regret.

My anxiety is rocketing because I really really care about her and I love the friendship we have/had. I'm catastrophizing.. thinking that maybe things will be awkward forever (we work together sometimes), and that we will drift apart and that basically I've messed everything up.

Am I right to be thinking this? Is it an overreaction? I know this isn't an Agony Aunt section :roflmao: - I'm more concerned with my anxiety. I'm not gonna be myself until I get over the fact that our friendship won't be the same again (which may take ages), or I realise that things will die down and everything can go back to normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.