PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe a Dr told my mom to smoke!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris0531
24-12-04, 19:51
My mom & I quit smoking about 2 mo's ago so we're still craving ,etc,but we both have anxiety & depression so you might say it's harder to quit smoking,ant I can't believe a Dr told my mom it was ok to smoke again to calm or whatever! Just can't believe it so now i'm sad,mad & craving badly.....help!!!!! My Dr told me I was healthy too,but I want to be healther ,now i'm gaining wieght & it suckssssssssssssssssssssss! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks

Chris

nomorepanic
26-12-04, 23:10
If he really did tell her that then he is stupid!!

You may be gaining weight cos you substitute smoking with eating so watch what you eat ok?

Nicola

FAN
27-12-04, 19:28
i asked my doc about stopping smoking and he said maybe now isnt the right time......i think maybe he wasnt saying it was healthy but that stopping might hinder progress of getting better as its difficult and stressful already without the nicotine cravings

fan x

Rennie1989
27-12-04, 19:37
its true you gain wait after quitting smoking, ask my dad!!! hes got a tummy to cuddle lol

dont start smoking, take nicotine gum or chew chewing gum!

Scooter Girl

nomorepanic
27-12-04, 21:34
The reason you put on weight has nothing to do with stopping smoking - that is a myth. It is because you substitute smoking with eating.

I did this when I gave up drinking - I was hungry all the time and substituted drinking with eating [}:)]

Nicola

Rennie1989
27-12-04, 22:32
ow i get it know!

Scooter Girl

malificent
27-12-04, 22:51
Hi

That's crazy! I can't believe a doc would tell someone to smoke! I smoke about 5 a day, but sometimes i don't smoke at all and when i haven't smoked for a long while (couple of months or something) i've found i haven't put on weight but i do find myself holding a choc bar or something moreoften than usual. Try and get your ma to hold a pen or a squeezy thing, a bean bag animal or something. sounds silly but ifyou play with something it keeps your hands occupied. Doesn't work with everyone but i found it helps me!

Keep up the good work!
Lucy
xxx