PDA

View Full Version : Worried about infertility again

Jamie123
19-07-18, 03:34
I can't seem to shake this fear. Due to my health anxiety I take showers which can be 30 mins to 1 hour relatively often. I am worried the high temperature of these will cause negative effects as I have read high temperature can cause these kinds of effects and am really stressed out.

Scass
19-07-18, 07:40
I can't seem to shake this fear. Due to my health anxiety I take showers which can be 30 mins to 1 hour relatively often. I am worried the high temperature of these will cause negative effects as I have read high temperature can cause these kinds of effects and am really stressed out.

Do you have help for your health anxiety? Looking through your post history you do seem to focus on things that are very unlikely.
I don’t mean that to belittle your worries, because I do understand. But it’s clearly affecting your every day life.

I can’t see why long hot showers are a problem to your fertility, but why do you need long hot showers anyway? Is it because you enjoy them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonlady
19-07-18, 07:45
Me and my husband always have long hot showers and baths. I’m very much pregnsnt! (Second time lol)

Littlemisssunshine10
19-07-18, 21:09
Myself an my husband have fertility problems I don't ovulate and he has a low sperm count average was 4% and he is 2.3% .... Been trying for. Baby for a year and half.... Doctor said to him eat healthy, take zinc, eat wall nuts and no hot tubs .... Absolutely nothing about showers or anything like that so please don't worry we have an issue and not been told that at all. Xx

Jamie123
25-07-18, 03:02
Do you have help for your health anxiety? Looking through your post history you do seem to focus on things that are very unlikely.
I don’t mean that to belittle your worries, because I do understand. But it’s clearly affecting your every day life.

I can’t see why long hot showers are a problem to your fertility, but why do you need long hot showers anyway? Is it because you enjoy them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply I was thinking about getting help but I hadn't posted in a while as my health anxiety had gotten a bit better but guess it hasn't fully gone will look into help again as hopefully it can help me get rid of it for good.

---------- Post added at 02:58 ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 ----------

Me and my husband always have long hot showers and baths. I’m very much pregnsnt! (Second time lol)
Thank you for the reply its made me feel better knowing this.

---------- Post added at 03:02 ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 ----------

Myself an my husband have fertility problems I don't ovulate and he has a low sperm count average was 4% and he is 2.3% .... Been trying for. Baby for a year and half.... Doctor said to him eat healthy, take zinc, eat wall nuts and no hot tubs .... Absolutely nothing about showers or anything like that so please don't worry we have an issue and not been told that at all. Xx
Thanks a lot for replying I am very sorry to hear this I wish you both the best for the future and hope that soon it will work out and the wait will be worth it. Thank you for helping put my mind at ease

WiseMonkey
25-07-18, 05:15
[QUOTE=Littlemisssunshine10;1808061]Myself an my husband have fertility problems I don't ovulate and he has a low sperm count average was 4% and he is 2.3% .... Been trying for. Baby for a year and half....]

Hi, I'm sorry you have fertility issues. Have you looked into IVF treatment? Is it free or subsidised in England for certain conditions? It's certainly worth looking into.

Here in New Zealand it is free for people who have certain conditions. My daughter (33) has endometriosis and only 1 good Fallopian tube, so she is able to get free IVF treatment if she doesn't conceive (they're started trying)!

Good luck with it :)

spacebunnyx
25-07-18, 21:22
Hi, yes high temperatures can reduce your sperm count. However, sperm is made continuously and takes 3 months to completely replenish. So when you want to have a baby just avoid saunas etc. I have infertility and done 5 IVF cycles, the last one being successful.