PDA

View Full Version : Scared about catching Noro!

kalny
19-07-18, 16:52
Hi guys.

I've been freaking out today big time and I need some support.

My boss appeared to have suffered from a dreaded Norovirus bug on Monday (D and V), she skipped coming into the office on Monday but came back Tuesday. I've been out until today.

I couldn't stop myself from worrying. All day long I've been so scared I'm going to catch it.

I've tried so hard not to Google but ultimately have ended up looking at loads of 'facts' that seem to differ wherever I look. I feel hopelessly worried.

I actually suffered from this in March (I think?) and that's why I think I'm so worried right now!

ServerError
19-07-18, 17:46
Is it worth all the worry though? You don't have norovirus right now. Nobody can predict the future but it's not likely you'll get it. Why spend so much energy fretting about it. Yes it's horrible but even if you do get it, it only lasts a day or two in otherwise healthy people.

kalny
19-07-18, 17:56
Is it worth all the worry though? You don't have norovirus right now. Nobody can predict the future but it's not likely you'll get it. Why spend so much energy fretting about it. Yes it's horrible but even if you do get it, it only lasts a day or two in otherwise healthy people.

Yeah I've tried to be rational but at the moment I can't control the worry :(

ServerError
19-07-18, 18:11
Well don't give up. Keep repeating rational thoughts to yourself. I've had norivirus myself and it's grim but it passes.

Leslie735
20-07-18, 14:36
I use to fear norovirus or anything that causes V&D for the longest time. It's actually what started my anxiety really. I still get nervous when I hear it's going around but I don't obsess over it like I use to. My fear is it happening when I'm not at home. Anyway, best way to avoid it is keep your hands washed and away from your face. You can't catch it by breathing the same air as your coworker or even being near him. You catch it by ingesting the virus aka: swallowing it. So it's not as easy to catch as a cold virus. I'm sure by the time you've returned to work he's showered, changed his clothes etc. He's not contagious after 3 days of symptoms stopping, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

kalny
21-07-18, 18:01
I felt sick earlier and I immediately had a MASSIVE panic.

I even thought I was going to be sick for a moment. That feeling seems to have passed now but it's put fear right into me :(

kalny
22-07-18, 13:11
So yesterday afternoon I had some nausea which set me right off.

Nothing really happened though. Today I've had some stomach grumbles but I'm putting them down to being anxiety at the moment. Here's hoping it doesn't go any further.