PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Dorinca
19-07-18, 19:21
I only opened up about panic attacks last year after my mum died, I told the doctor. I've had it for a long time. I'm so scared to leave the house, going through the door is an ordeal.,and its so hard to talk to anyone. I find groups too much.

GiantMogwai
19-07-18, 19:28
I only opened up about panic attacks last year after my mum died, I told the doctor. I've had it for a long time. I'm so scared to leave the house, going through the door is an ordeal.,and its so hard to talk to anyone. I find groups too much.

I suggest you see your doctor to get referred for bereavement counselling. You can talk about a wide range of stuff there 1 to 1. Bereavement counselling can actually be wider than you expect in terms of the topics discussed.

Subsequently get yourself referred for CBT to help you get out more. it won't necessarily solve the problem but it will make it better and give you goals in getting out of the house more and exposure to things.

venusbluejeans
19-07-18, 19:30
Hiya Dorinca and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: