PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of antibiotic resistance.

Megaolkj
19-07-18, 21:55
Okay so I've just been diagnosed with a middle ear infection and was given 500mg of Amox-Clav. It's pretty heavy duty stuff. The doctor told me it would make my stomach a little upset, but that was an understatement. They make my stomach feel like I have food poisoning and give me awful diarrhea. I was supposed to take 3 a day every eight hours, but I have only been taking one a day at random times (some even more than 24 hours after the last one) because they make me so sick. I just found out that is a terrible idea. Apparently underdosing an antibiotic is just as dangerous as overdosing because underdosing isn't making the medication as powerful as it needs to be therefor the bacteria has a much easier time becoming resistant. I'm so scared that I may have just caused myself to become resistant by not taking the medication as I am supposed to. I'm such an idiot. Antibiotic resistance terrifies me. I'm so upset right now. :weep:

AMomentofClarity
19-07-18, 22:07
It’s not the end of the world. Just start taking them as prescribed and you’ll be fine.

Scass
19-07-18, 23:07
Maybe talk to a pharmacist or call your doctor for advice? They may be able to prescribe an anti sickness medication at the same time.
Are you taking them with food?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk