PDA

View Full Version : Testicle Hurts (may be a thread for the guys) Going away Monday-Friday

reddevil
04-08-07, 17:06
Hello all,

Everything was ok with me until Thursday evening.

We had visiters, which when they left I got up to let them out and when i returned, I noticed my left testicle started to hurt.
It sort of aches, not major painfull but I would say 2/3 out of 10.

Obviously, I'm focusing on it and it's worring me as I can not see a doctor as I'm going away Monday - Friday for the family holiday, which we have saved for all year and I can not let them all down.

I have checked several times and no sign of any lumps etc, and I was ok up until Thursday evening.

Would it be ok to leave for a week until I can see a doctor, as it has only been 2 days and could anxiety cause this?

Any positive advise would be appreciated.

I'm trying not to GOOGLE.

Red

geordie flower
04-08-07, 18:38
hiya, (SORRY IM NOT A GUY lol :D ) Why dont you give nhs direct a ring they are really helpful and will prob put your mind at rest, their numbers in the phone book or tou can google it, try to relax and have a good holiday you will be fine tracey :hugs:

mirry
04-08-07, 19:35
Hey my husband had this problem once and after loads of test he realised it was the car he was driving :blush: , pushing on the stiff clutch strained him :ohmy: .

I think you have probally strained it somehow ?

Book an appointment for when you get back from holiday, if theres no lump.

take care and let us know how you get on.

anxious
04-08-07, 19:45
Hiya,

i always manage to 'find' something to worry about over holidays too. I'm sure you've just twisted something and hopefully a few days away will relax you and take your mind off it.
Prehaps make an appointment for when you come back, then you can have the 'its ok i can get it checked out on .........' at the back of your mind. You can then cancel it when you get home and its gone:D
happy holidays,

anx xx

steveo
04-08-07, 20:26
Just to let you know that when things useally ache, its definatly not serious. I been to the doctors before about my testicals because I had an ache. It turned out that it was the tubes just above my testicals that were causing the ache due to a very very comman problem. Can't remember the name of it. It didn't need any medication or anything. But that goes for anything around the body. Aching lumps we generally worry to be something serious when the ache useally is a good sign! Don't worry but if you are worrying then go get checked out by your doctor. He will put your mind at ease! Take care!

reddevil
04-08-07, 21:01
Hi all, what a night I have had!

I phoned the NHS direct line and after speaking to them, they said it sounds like nothing serious but I could go to the nearest NHS walk in center.

I got to the nearest walk in center and a male nurse took a look and said it looks like nothing serious and he then phoned the out of hours doctor for me.

Off I goes to the doctor, he took a look and felt around and said there is no signs of anything serious and the ache should go after 7-10 days.

I then get home and all remember all three asking if I have pain in the lower back, which I did not, then after getting home, I appear to have this lower back pain.

Red

Kroko
04-08-07, 21:19
I then get home and all remember all three asking if I have pain in the lower back, which I did not, then after getting home, I appear to have this lower back pain.

I don't mean to belittle but that sounds psychosomatic (which you probably figured already), and something that I could see happening to me too!

reddevil
04-08-07, 21:25
Kroko,

I was thinking that it is probably my brain bringing on the back ache.

Red

Kroko
04-08-07, 21:32
Yes, that's what I meant.

angiebaby
04-08-07, 22:47
Hi there, my hubby has had an aching testicle too and he has pulled a muscle, he said that you don't have to do much to get this it is easy to do. I am glad it put your mind at rest a little by going and being checked out and i agree that if you hear something or read something your brain sort of takes over sometimes and you then develop what you have read or heard. I do it all the time at the surgery, better now i am not at work for a while, lol.
Whilst nursing we have what we call a switch in the head and the switch is switched off all the time. This means that our brains do not take in what we see, hear or read, otherwise we would not be able to do the job that we are doing, we would all be wrecks and not capable of helping anyone, even ourselves. When i became ill, two and a half years ago, my switch got put on the permanent on position and now i cannot switch it off at all. Which is why i am how i am right now. But my counsellor says she can help me to switch my switch back off and make me my 'normal' self again. I hope this is true and will be very grateful to her if it happens. So sometimes i think that we can believe we have a pain or a problem somewhere but it could just be our brains being over active, again. I hope you are feeling better now and i hope that you have a lovely, lovely holiday with your family.xx

kazzie
04-08-07, 23:24
Hi Ya

Dont want to sound rude lol but my hubby had this and it was too much sex(tmi)

Im sure u will be fine and have a lovely holiday:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

geordie flower
05-08-07, 17:50
Hiya glad yor sorted out hopefully you can relax now and enjoy yor holiday, take care tracey :)

neptuno
07-08-07, 18:49
Hello RedDevil !
Decide to go on this holiday with these aches and pains come what may !
You will gain so much confidence that the "niggles" will disappear whilst you're having a great time.
Be kind to yourself

reddevil
14-08-07, 07:25
Hi all,

Well, I went on holiday and my anxiety was at a low, I felt free from the ball and chain.

The testicle would ache on holiday but after doing something it would then vanish.

I have returned home, I wake up without the ache but it does come on around an hour after waking and vanishes when I'm relaxed in front of the TV in the evening.

My family say it is my anxiety causing it but I'm sure there are no nerves in testicles?????

I thought I would book and see my doctor but the appointment is for the 31st August as he is fully booked, but he know how to deal with me, so I'm hoping the wait will not make it worse.

Obviously I'm focusing on it more know I'm back from my holiday and it is making me anxious, depressed and worried.

Red

boy
14-08-07, 10:04
I've had testicle aches for years and still do. Doctors have said to me they often ache for no real reason.