PDA

View Full Version : why won't this go away...

spacebunnyx
06-08-07, 10:12
hey,

i've been writing a few posts recently on my treatment for cervical precancerous cells.. the treatment all went fine.. waiting on the histology and its been almost 4 weeks now so no news is good news. however, my anxiety hasn't gone away... for the last week and a bit i've been getting what feels like food stuck in my throat - just above my collar bone, and on one side only. i've also had a bad taste - tastes rotten and i keep bringing up little bits of stomach acid. i had kind of put it to the back of my mind until saturday - i did a bad thing - i looked up my worst case scenario (oesophagal cancer) and panicked. the oesophagus is made up of the same cells as the cervix.. and reacts to the HPV virus in a similar way... I AM SO SCARED! i know its rare for someone my age (26) but i can't help but be completely terrified. i'm going to see my gp this afternoon and hopefully sort it out/ get referred.. i'm so completely sick of this. it feels like my life has completely stopped.:weep:

does anyone have any advice etc?

many thanks

jess xxx

Paddington
06-08-07, 10:25
yes here is my advice..DONT GOOGLE:ohmy: Honestly hun..i know we have all done it but we just make our symptoms fit the illness:lac: you have acid reflux mate i get it all the time..so do alot of folk who have anxiety problems..you look on the symptoms pages here and see how many of us have the exact same thing..hope this reassures you hun:flowers: love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxps..glad the treatment went well too:flowers:

JennyW
06-08-07, 10:27
Hi Jess. It all sounds very similar to something I get when I'm stressed, especially bringing up some stomach acid - all those things too that you mention are very typical of anxiety. I once suffered terribly from indigestion, nausea, heartburn - had it for days. I went along to the pharmacist and confirmed it was stress related. They gave me something to help ease it. I was due to go on holiday at the time and I must've got myself worked up about the flying - my symptoms went as soon as I'd settled into my holiday.

I'm sure you'll be fine :hugs:

Insomniac
06-08-07, 11:20
Really.... Don't Google!! (We all do it sometimes and know we shouldnt.)

You symptoms all sounds like typical anxiety signs. I get difficulty breathing, tight chest & throat, feeling of a lump in my throat or on my tongue, and indigestion. I think its all the tension and tightness in my body causing these other feelings.

I carry rescue remedy, rennie, and immodium with me in my handbag every day!!

As you say, no news is good news and I expect your symptoms will gradually ease off once you get the all-clear.

Its so hard to break the cycle sometimes. You feel anxious so your body is tense and releases extra adrenaline. This causes the symptoms to start which then make you feel more anxious. I find that these days I can mostly head it off by saying to myself "oh I know what that is, its not real, just my nutty head trying to fool my body into panic." So I try to ignore it when its being attention-seeking! lol. hope this helps.

spacebunnyx
08-08-07, 09:21
ok, so my symptoms now feel worse. i went to my gp who barely looked at me (probably because he knows i have anxiety) and told me i had oral thrush that goes down my oesophagus. i am not a dr ( well not yet anyway - doing a phd so almost a different kind of dr!:) ) but i wasn't convinced of his interpretation. I came home yesterday to my parents because i was getting worse and worse .. i'm going on holiday on friday with my boyfriend and want to feel better for that - i've stopped sleeping etc. anyway, my mother is a dr (a real one- consultant anaesthetist) and she looked at my throat and said i don't have oral thrush. she seems worried too and called a collegue of hers last night who's a gastroenterologist and he's looking at me today at 12 - tho prob not an endoscopy. I know i'm REALLY lucky to be able to get this looked at so quickly, with many people having to wait weeks/months.. but I would give all my money not to be in the situation i am in. its poo.:weep: