PDA

View Full Version : emma

dasiymay
30-07-07, 19:39
hi i suffer badly with ibs and panic attcks i've had it for 8 years i just wanted to know if theres anyone out there the same and are there any better and who can help sort the problems out :)

Insomniac
06-08-07, 11:04
I've had IBS since having my daughter 9 years ago! I have suffered with anxiety as well for the last 3 years.

I am very lucky that I have a doctor I can talk to. For me IBS is worse if I'm travelling/anxious so she gave me immodium to take. She said she has people who take it almost every day, its non-addictive and doesn't do any harm. I have found that it reassures me that I won't have an "accident" anywhere, and the reassurance makes me feel less anxious too!

I also carry a bottle of rescue remedy with me, which I find really calming and helps me stay balanced enough to manage my emotions. Its not a cure in itself, you still have to do the work, but I find I'm more able to focus with it than without.

Also a diet of low fat/sugar helps with the IBS. I can tell when I've been eating too much junk food (ie on holiday) because it gets worse. But when I eat regular sensible meals it is much better.

Hope this helps.

Nibbles
06-08-07, 18:26
Hi Emma and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Everyone on here has had similar experiences so yes there are lots of people out there who know what it's like. Have you been to your doctor or had and counselling for your panic attacks and IBS? There's also lots of info on the pages you can access through the links on the left.

Take care,

Mike

nomorepanic
06-08-07, 18:58
Hi Emma

:welcome:

I suffer with IBS type symptoms though have never been actually diagnosed as having it.

Have a read of the website page on the left for some advice on IBS.

Hope we can be of some help.

trac67
06-08-07, 18:58
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

mkeeley
07-08-07, 03:05
Hi DasiyMay

Unfortunately I've suffered from PA's a bit longer than that (although I've been OK recently) plus IBS, acid reflux etc. Fortunately I only have problems with IBS occasionally, as has been said, keeping an eye on what you eat and drink can make a big difference. Not sure what triggers mine as I don't really keep an eye on my diet although I should.

Lindalou64
07-08-07, 13:47
HELLO EMMA,
WELCOME,IM SURE YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF INFO AND SUPPORT.........WISH YA THE BEST.........LINDA

Pink Princess
07-08-07, 14:08
http://www.therusticlife.com/Bear-welcome-sign.jpg

groovygranny
08-08-07, 16:18
Hello Emma:welcome:to you!

IBS is miserable, my daughter suffers quite badly from it too (almost unbearable when she was pregnant) , so I sympathise with you :hugs:

But, you're in the right place to get plenty of help and support!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers: