PDA

View Full Version : Eeek Help!!!!!!!

kazzie
06-08-07, 20:31
Hi Everyone:)

Ive got a problem so here goes........

I pick up my new car on Thursday which has been adapted so I can use the accelerator and brakes on a hand controlled unit, this means I have to learn to drive the ruddy thing cos Im used to driving with feet not fingers:lac:

Anyhow this isent so bad but last week I applied for a job with the Civil Service and today they ring me and want me to attend an interview next Monday which is good I guess:yesyes:

I havent driven for over a year and I dont know how I will cope with an interview, I have to drive alone some 10 miles from home get my wheelchair out of car and propell myself into a massive office block:weep:

Then I have to face the interview panel:weep:

I thought my panic was cured but today it seems to be back big time:lac:

Do you think its just this bit of stress causing it???

Thanks Guys:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

trac67
06-08-07, 21:21
Hi Kazz,

It sounds to me its the apprehension of having to go to the interview and the drive that is making you feel like this.

I always find the actual thinking about having to do something new kicks off my anxieties, but once I am there doing them I am fine.

Good luck with the car and the interview, fingers crossed for you mate I am sure you will do fine.

Lets us know how it all goes

Love

Trac xxx

groovygranny
06-08-07, 21:22
Hello Kaz!

First - flippin' WELL DONE ON on getting the interview !! :yesyes::yesyes:

Think the transport is going to be the most difficult to solve, but not impossible.

Are you going to have any formal instruction on driving your new car? If so, will it be able to be done in time for next Monday?

If this is going to be a problem then perhaps someone could give you a lift there?

I think once you're there, hopefully your nerves shouldn't be more than what anybody would feel about attending an interview.

Work places nowadays are (or should be) by law geared for wheelchair access ie. ramps, lifts, automatic doors, wc's etc.

What if you gave them a ring first to explain your circumstances? Then they would be able to give you advice for when you get there.

You're right - I think stress, coupled with the understandable concern about your transport and mobility, is causing your panic to reappear. And cacking it like anybody else would at the prospect of an interview!

Hope things go well for you

big hugs

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

PS: how are your gorrrrrrgeous little fluff-balls?

:flowers::flowers:

Karen
06-08-07, 21:35
Wow Kaz I think you are amazing hun :yesyes:

Anticipation often causes a lot of worry and when the time comes we find a way to cope. The new car sound good. It will give you more freedom and independence.

I hope you enjoy the car and will be thinking of you on Monday :hugs:

Karen xx

happyone
06-08-07, 21:42
Kazzie hun,
fan blooming tastic:yesyes:

Well done!

Here is my idea....
why not drop the car for a day and take a taxi? It will be one less pressure.

Or.......when trying out your new car between thurs and monday...try it out on that route, try taking your chair out, getting in etc. (you don't have to practise that there, you can do that anwhere)

I always think it is a good idea to check out where you are going before any anx inducing event as anything that helps reduce it is great eh?

Good luck hun!
Happyone
xx

kazzie
06-08-07, 22:41
Thanks Happy Karen GG and Trac:hugs:

They have reserved me a disabled parking space as they know I use a wheelchair from time to time:yesyes:

My mate has just offered to come with me to the interview but I have to do it alone cos if they offer me the job I will have to go alone to it:ohmy:

Awwww God........Kaz has bitten off more than she can chew as usual!!!

By the way GG furbabies are fine!!!!! Getting bigger, fatter and more badly behaved by the day!!!!!

Thannks Guys ....... dont know how I would cope with out you all:hugs:

yorkylover
06-08-07, 23:17
well done Kazz:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
you are a very brave lady and Im sure it will all go well for you.Fantastic news on the car and getting back driving.Thinking of you:hugs: :hugs:

kazzie
06-08-07, 23:23
Thanks Ellen:hugs:

Right have decided on a plan of action......

Will drive new car as much as poss over next few days!!!!

And no GG no lessons involved im afraid:weep:

Will try and get wheelchair out of boot unaided:yesyes:

Will try and propell myself 200 yrds in it:yesyes:

Jobs a good un!!!!

Still scared stiff:mad:

Luv Kaz x x x :hugs:

Piglet
06-08-07, 23:32
Kaz - I wish you all the luck in the world for the interview sausage! :hugs: :yesyes:

Everybody has given such good advice already so I don't need to say anything more. Go get em tiger!

Love Piglet :flowers:

Quirky
07-08-07, 00:14
Hi Kaz,

I wish you all the best for the interview too mate :hugs: You can do it :yesyes:

Good luck with the car too. I'm sure you'll soon get used to it.

Lisa x

mirry
07-08-07, 07:37
yep you will be fine, JFDI !!!

Paddington
07-08-07, 12:16
WOW KAZZIE BABE....WHAT A RUDDY TROOPER YOU ARE..YOU PUT ME TO SHAME:blush: I am too scared to drive me own ordinary car hun so if you introduced hand controls..oh my word:lac: :blush: :wacko: Many congrats on getting the interview ..best of British luck hun..you are one brave lady..you must wear a large gold medal ..here you are :flowers: it has saphires on it :) Lots of love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kazzie
07-08-07, 20:45
Awwwww thanks guys:hugs:

Well today the postman delivered me a letter from the office of national statistics which is where the job is!!!

The job involves ringing members of the public who have agreed to take part in various social and economic surveys and interviewing them via a range of pre set questions then logging and analysing the results!!

In the post was a questionarie example complete with instructions and before the interview I have to interview the person who is interviewing me via telephone at the office as if they were a member of the public...GULP!!!

So I have to do this and an interview!!!:mad:

My panic has been soaring ever since the post arrived:weep:

Not sure what the point of relaying this is just needed to rant:blush:

Thank you all again:flowers:

Paddington
07-08-07, 21:40
Right hun..because of you ..today i drove way out of my comfort zone..up busy main roads crossed lights [my HUGE FEAR!]turned right across lights[my even HUGER fear:ohmy: ]and i fetched my daughter from her place of work:yesyes: You inspired me hun,,and yes i was nervous ,as you will be when you take these tests and interviews..but Kazzie you can do this hun..look what you did via me today..and you didn't even know till now:D :D :hugs: You gunna be wonderful hun..keep posting your rants if it makes you feel better too hun..Thanks Kazzie..love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:flowers:

kazzie
07-08-07, 21:45
Oooooh Paddie:D

Well done!!!!:yesyes:

Spose this means I cant shit out now:D :D :D

Paddington
07-08-07, 21:47
Too right mrs......no shitting out for you:) ha ha ha ha!!!you gunna do great:)Love Pads.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

happyone
07-08-07, 21:52
Paddie and Kaz you both deserve one of these:hugs:

Years ago, I had a prob with going right at roundabouts. I used to avoid at all costs! However hubby wanted a lift to another city. Ok....ok...that was fine as it was all left turns! BUT....if it is all left turns on the way there....what is it on the way back? Ok...you got it.right turns! Well, there is this horrible (or rather there used to be this horrible, it is changed now) double roundabout in Edinburgh. I needed to go right and then right again!!! So I did what any self respecting anx person would do........
I turned left!.....went along the road and did a turn in the road...went back and turned left!...... I did this all the way round the two roundabouts! LOL
Best of it was I had to fetch him the folowing day again. I went there, but he drove back!

Happyone
xx

honeybee3939
07-08-07, 22:16
Hi Kazzie

Sorry hun just caught up with your thread, im so pleased to hear about your new car and the job interview, i wish you all the luck in the world hun, im sure you will be fine because your a true fighter and a great inspiration to us all.:hugs: GOOD LUCK!

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

kazzie
07-08-07, 23:35
Thanks Guys:hugs:

LOL Happy When I first learned to drive I was as bad:D

Quirky
07-08-07, 23:45
Hi Kaz,

I'm sure you will be fine mate :hugs: I wouldn't particularly enjoy having to do the questionaire to the person interviewing me before the interview either but I bet you'll do a great job :yesyes:

Well done Paddie :yesyes:

Lisa x

Quirky
09-08-07, 14:49
Hi Kaz,

I hope all went well with picking the car up today and that you're getting used to it ok. Thinking of you :hugs:

Lisa x

happyone
09-08-07, 17:19
Thinking of you hunny!

happyone
xx

Karen
09-08-07, 19:33
How's the new car Kaz? :hugs:

Karen xx

kazzie
10-08-07, 23:30
Ummmmmmmm I have a slight problem with the new car,,,,lol

I CANT FLIPPIN DRIVE IT!!!!

My brain cannot get used to using hand controls so I feel very unsafe in it!!!!

I keep braking as when I accelerate I panic that im not in control!!!

So I guess I will have to keep practicing!!!!!

Thanks all for asking :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Im off to RHS Wisley tomm but hubby will be driving:blush:

He is also taking me to interview on Monday so I will have more time to get used to the car:yesyes:

Karen
10-08-07, 23:54
Hi Kaz

It probably will feel a bit strange for a while.

Is there somewhere quiet that you can go to practise? Think of the freedom you'll have when you get used to it hun :yesyes:

Karen xx

Quirky
11-08-07, 15:10
Hi Kaz,

I hope you get used to the car soon, I'm sure after a while you'll wonder how you ever needed pedals! :yesyes: All the formula 1 cars have hand controls so maybe we'll see you at Silverstone soon! lol.

I hope you've had a nice day as Wisley :flowers:

Lisa x

Karen
11-08-07, 17:08
How has your day been Kaz? :hugs:

Karen xx

kazzie
11-08-07, 22:13
Thanks Lis and Karen:flowers:

My day has been perfect!!!!

Exbury gardens is beautiful but I must say Wisley was breathtaking:yesyes:

It is an amazing place and if any of you ever have the chance to visit then go!!!

Bit tired and sunburned tonight tho:lac:

No progress on the car front today tho but tomm we are going to a big hopefully closed industrial estate to practice again!!! I WILL learn to drive the blooming thing:yesyes:

Silverstone here I come ....lol

Karen
11-08-07, 22:19
I am glad you have had a good day Kaz :)

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow :hugs: You'll get used to it with some practise.

Karen xx

kazzie
11-08-07, 22:35
I hope so Karen:D

If not I will have to see if I can get some lessons:shrug:

Think the problem is Ive been driving since I was 18 and now I have to unlearn it and try and re learn it a new way!!!! Also its a very fast car and I cant get both hands on steering wheel just 1 hand and a thumb of the other hand so steering is tricky!!!

It does 0-60 in about 8 seconds lol!!!! Should have got a slower one!!!

Ho hum I will drive it tho......and soon I hope:yesyes:

Piglet
11-08-07, 22:49
You'll get there hun. :hugs:

The gardens sound lovely!

kazzie
11-08-07, 23:30
Thanks Piglet:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x:flowers:

clickaway
11-08-07, 23:47
Hi Kazzie,

I have a mate down the Nag's Head who has a Reliant Robin going cheap LOL!

Firstly, sorry for not seeing this thread earlier - I'm a bit slack on NMP these days! I think it's great that you have got this interview and that hubby is driving you there. Just keep practising mate and it will just feel natural!

I was speaking to a Canadian today who had similar problems driving a manual over here and a French woman who has just chickened out of driving since she has lived over here! Hey, you are grabbing the bull by the horns and are going for it. You deserve to succeed!!

So pleased you enjoyed Wisley - we're dead posh round here you know:D

Best Wishes and keep us posted :)

Quirky
12-08-07, 00:01
Wow Kaz are you sure that's not a fromula 1 car you have there lol! I hope you get on ok with practising tomorrow, I'm sure you'll soon be ok with it.

Glad you had a lovely day today and enjoyed the gardens :yesyes:

Lisa x

kazzie
12-08-07, 00:31
Thanks Ray and Lis

Surrey is indeed posh Ray:yesyes:

And Lis Im glad I got the car I did, was looking at a higher spec one than that to begin with!!!!

I MUST DRIVE THE BLOOMING THING!!!!!

Luv You All

Kaz x x x:hugs:

Quirky
12-08-07, 00:36
And Lis Im glad I got the car I did, was looking at a higher spec one than that to begin with!!!!

:ohmy: lol. You will drive it soon Kaz :yesyes:

I reckon Piglet has just got a car too, here is the evidence :shrug:

http://www.smartcarireland.net/images/kaz_car.jpg

Mind you I don't think you'd get many pringles in the boot! lol

Lisa x

kazzie
12-08-07, 00:44
ROFL Lis:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

happyone
12-08-07, 07:46
Kazzie
I have every confidence you will drive this car as you come across to me as a self determined woman who puts her mind to things and JFDI!!!!

Good on ya hun!

Happyone
xx

Quirky
12-08-07, 10:14
Hope the driving goes well today Kaz :hugs:

Lisa x

kazzie
12-08-07, 17:31
Mmmmmmmmmm

Im feeling a bit silly now:blush:

The reason I gave up driving is because I used to get my feet in a muddle due to numbness and my car was a manual one!!!! Two numb feet and 3 pedals=disaster!!!

The new car is an automatic soooooo.........

Off we go to industrial estate to practice!!!

I still cannot do it cos I cannot drive one handed!!!

Nearly put hubby thro the windscreen and car thro a fence!!!!

I got out of car, slammed door, screamed and screeched like a 2 yr old!!!

Then I got back into car and drove it with my feet!!!!!!

Thing is one foot and 2 pedals=easy!!!!

So I drove home all thru busy traffic and was fine!!!

So have it sorted at last:yesyes:

Oh and went to see where interview is tomm and its a huge place!!!!

Think of me at 2.30 tomm afternoon please and send lots of positive vibes my way:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Im getting nervous now:weep:

Piglet
12-08-07, 17:38
Lol Lis :hugs: .

Kazzie hun you stick with it - learning something new always takes some practice but I have every faith in you mate.:yesyes:

Karen
12-08-07, 21:46
Well done Kaz :yesyes: I knew you could do it.

Think of me at 2.30 tomm afternoon please and send lots of positive vibes my way:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Will be thinking of you and sending loads of positive vibes your way hun. Best of luck for tomorrow :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Karen xxx

kazzie
12-08-07, 22:16
Thanks Piglet and Karen:hugs:

I feel such a fool insisting on hand controls then I dident need them:blush:

Dreading the interview now:weep:

But i will JFDI anyhow:yesyes:

honeybee3939
12-08-07, 22:32
Hi Kazzie

But i will JFDI anyhow:yesyes:

You go for it gal !! and GOOD LUCK !! you will be in my thoughts !!:hugs:

love
Andrea
xxxxx

Piglet
12-08-07, 22:36
We're all wishing you well hun. :yesyes: :hugs:

happyone
12-08-07, 22:36
Good luck hun:yesyes:

I will send positive vibes your way!!

happyone
xx

kazzie
12-08-07, 22:51
Thanks you lovely lot:hugs:

Will let you know how it goes tho being civil service probably wont know for a few weeks whether I got it or not!!!!

Right off to bed soon I hope!!!!

My son has been to a barbie and has arrived home with half the guests in tow but hope they will be gone soon:shrug:

God hope tomm goes ok!!!!

Luv kaz x x x:hugs:

Quirky
12-08-07, 23:16
Hi Kaz,

Well done for getting to grips with the car today :yesyes:

I hope the interview goes well tomorrow :hugs:

Lisa x

kazzie
12-08-07, 23:29
Thanks Lis:hugs:

15 hrs to go:wacko:

Luv kaz x x x:hugs:

Quirky
12-08-07, 23:36
You're welcome :hugs:

I bet you'll be just fine mate and really impress them :hugs:

I hope you sleep well,

Lisa x

kazzie
13-08-07, 16:20
Thanks Lis:hugs:

Well I did it!!!:yesyes:

Hubby gave me a lift and in I went, had to wait 20 mins for someone to come and get me from reception so spent the time chatting to the security guard!!!

Then I was taken to the massive office where the job is based, given a booth and a number to ring so I could interview one of the managers by doing a questionairre on him....this went well:yesyes:

Then I met the manager I had interviewed and another manager and we had the interview, that went ok too!!! One good thing is the showed me where another entrance is with disabled parking much closer to where i will be working if i get the job......must be in with a chance I guess or they wouldent have bothered with that:shrug:

All in all I was in there an hour and a half and I dident panic once:yesyes:

They will let me know within 2 weeks so please keep your fingers crossed for me:D

Thanks for all the support:hugs:

Piglet
13-08-07, 16:42
You sound like you did really well Kaz - fingers crossed! :yesyes:

Pink Princess
13-08-07, 17:54
awwww kazzie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wel done, very proud of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.wondercliparts.com/congratulations/graphics/congratulation_graphics_2.gif

love minnie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kazzie
13-08-07, 18:00
Thanks Piglet and Pink:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x

happyone
13-08-07, 19:28
kazzie

http://cards.webshots.com/resources2/6/6506.jpg

happyone
xx

sandlin
13-08-07, 19:39
Wow - I bet you feel fantastic. Hope you get the job

Linda xxx

Karen
13-08-07, 20:17
Well done Kazzie :yesyes:

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. You did brilliantly :hugs:

Karen xx

scoobygirl2005
13-08-07, 20:20
Well done thats brill! :hugs:

Scooby2005
x x

kazzie
13-08-07, 20:21
Thanks Happy Linda and Karen:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x

Will keep you posted on my new thread jobs etc!!!

Quirky
13-08-07, 23:12
Well done Kaz, knew you could do it :yesyes:

I hope you get some news soon and they don't keep you waiting long.

Lisa x

kazzie
13-08-07, 23:48
Thanks Scoobs and Lis:flowers:

groovygranny
14-08-07, 00:35
Hey you,

Way to go!! (knew you would do it :)!)

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z187/julieophoto/Welldone.gif Kaz!

:hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

kazzie
14-08-07, 20:32
Thanks GG:flowers:

honeybee3939
14-08-07, 20:38
Kazzie

Great news about the interview, you did real well !:yesyes:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l262/singinangel03/crossed_thumb.gif

Love
Andrea
xxxxx

kazzie
21-08-07, 21:07

Dident get the job but I can drive the car ok now:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x

Karen
21-08-07, 21:38
Aww Kaz :hugs: Sorry to hear about the job. Their loss :hugs:

How are you today?

Good news about the car :yesyes: Are you enjoying it?

Karen xx

kazzie
21-08-07, 21:48
I am Karen:D

Never been a fan of driving but new car almost drives itself!!!

Karen
21-08-07, 22:08
That's great Kaz :)

Karen xx

Quirky
21-08-07, 23:52
Glad you're doing well with the car Kaz :yesyes:

Lisa x