PDA

View Full Version : Feeling lost and alone

knightbabe
07-08-07, 09:02
Hello. My name is Leigh.
It started about 4 weeks ago. The first time I was driving. I was sat at the traffic lights. I felt uncomfortable, restricted and just wanted to get out of the car. Needless to say I didn't reach my destination I returned home. It passed and I managed to drive to where I had been going. I've had little incidents similar but managed to get on with what I was doing. Just over a week a go I was following my hubby home, having just picked up a new car. I lost sight of which road hubby had taken. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I was shaking. At first i thought I was imagining things. Then yesterday I went out the door and locked it and started shaking. I felt like I was going to faint. I rang my friend who came to my house and accompanied me to where I was going. I looked on the internet for an explanation, which is when I came across this site. I'm not sure if they are panic attacks or not. This has come out of the blue. I can't even put my finger on anything that happened at the time that could have started this. Having said this my mother in law passed away in January. I had a miscarriage in April. And we are currently having the house done - new bathroom, conservatory and decorating. I also lost my job in March.
Am I in the correct place?

Aussie
07-08-07, 09:16
Welcome Knightbabe,

You will find lots of help and support here.
Sounds like panic/anxiety, and considering what you have been thru it's not supprising.

Wishing you well
A

Paddington
07-08-07, 12:03
hello hun:hugs: yes you are in the right place:) how scarey for you.i remeber when i had my first panic attack..i thought i was dying:ohmy: you must try and nip this in the bud hun..go to your gp tell him what has happened ..the stress in your life at present willhave triggered this..mean- while get yourself some bach flower rescue remedy and a good lavender oil..it is very calming hun..i keepit in the car at all times:flowers: you will find so much help and support on here Liegh..go check out first steps and look how to control your breathing..works every time hun...keep us informed as to how you are doing hun.Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
07-08-07, 13:32
HELLO KNIGHTBABE,
WELCOME,WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT THE LIGHTS I REMEMBER THAT HAPPENING TO ME I JUST WANTED TO RUN, SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE ALOT GOING ON.......STRESS CAN DEF BRING ON ANXIETY,YOU SAY ITS ONLY BEEN 2 WEEKS JUST KNOW IT WONT HARM YOU ITS JUST THE ADRENALINE LET IT PASS I KNOW ITS HARD BUT GET IT IN THE BUTT EARLY.....I WISH YOU THE BEST...........LINDA

Pink Princess
07-08-07, 14:01
http://www.mel-ink.com/Images/Structure/welcome%20sign.JPG

welcome and hope to see you around xxx

love minnie xxxxxxxxxx

trac67
07-08-07, 17:08
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

juju
07-08-07, 17:50
welcome hun
you will be fine
dont worry too much about this
i know its scary but you do learn ways of coping
good luck

nomorepanic
07-08-07, 19:09
Hi Leigh

:welcome:

Sounds like anxiety attacks yes so you are in the right place.

Have a good read of the website pages to get some immediate help and good advice.

Nibbles
07-08-07, 22:41
Hi Leigh and :welcome:

Yep sounds like classic anxiety and panic attacks to me. But you've come to the right place and will get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. With all the stress recently I'm not surprised you've felt rough as panic attacks are a way your body releases stress. Have you seen your GP yet? I'm sure with their advice plus the support on here you'll soon be moving back in the right direction. :yesyes:

Take care,

Mike

NaturalBlondie
08-08-07, 02:22
Hi, i hope you get lots of support here - seems like a great site to me x

groovygranny
08-08-07, 16:31
Hello knightbabe:welcome:to you!

You most definitely are in the right place!

I'm not altogether surprised you had pa's considering what you've been through lately - but you'll get plenty of help and support here.:hugs:

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Suky
08-08-07, 19:38
Hi Leigh.
Sorry to hear you have been feeling bad - sounds like panic attacks. I lost my best friend, my dad and had two miscarriages within 7 months last year. Thought I was doing quite well but my body told me otherwise when things started getting messy at work too.
There's loads of information and help here. Please take Nibbles' advice and see a GP if you haven't already. I'm on medication and that helps many but you need to discuss what is best for you.
Best wishes,
Suky