PDA

View Full Version : Just a happier note

stormduck
31-12-04, 16:15
Hi Everyone,

I was diagnosed with having depression in October 2003, but experienced the symptoms way before that. I have read some other peoples posts and can relate to them as i am sure everyone does! One of the important things that i found was knowing of people who came through the other side. I spoke to someone when i was suffering who had depression in the late 80s and to see him now, while hearing his stories about how he used to be, was a large relief. So i am just adding to this forum as one person who has come out the other side...well almost...it's just a case of coming off the pills in the right way. But the important thing is that i am a MUCH happier person now than i have been for years. I saw a counsellor for a year, and i've been on cipralex. Through my depression, along with the awfully bad things, i finished my degree course, left uni, and started working....all of the things i was petrified of (without knowing it of course!). I now start my 2nd job in the new year, and am hoping to move out into my own home within the next year or so.

I know this message won't make people feel better, but i hope that it can come as some relief to people who are feeling unbearably low, just as i felt this time last year. I feel the two most important things i did to get better was to see a good counsellor that i liked, and take the anti-depressants, despite all my fears of them, none were true.

Hope this helps.
David.

Meg
31-12-04, 16:30
Lovely to hear from you David.
Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to post.

Congratulations on all your progress and all the best with the house move.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Karen
31-12-04, 16:57
Hi David

Welcome to the site. As someone currently suffering from depression, it is great to hear that you are doing so well.

I hope the new job goes well for you.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
31-12-04, 20:40
David

Welcome to the forum.

Many thanks for such a postive post and I am sure it will give people hope for the future.

I am so pleased that you are doing well and hope it continues from now on.

Please stick around on the forum.

Nicola

FAN
31-12-04, 21:22
great to hear your doing so well, it lets us know that someday we might be where you are and there is light at the end of the tunnel

fan x