PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new to forum just wanted to say hi

burrgins
07-08-07, 13:50
Hi guys,

I'm Paul, 33 and married

Had major panic attacks and anxiety problems after dad died when I was 21, which seemed to tear my life apart at the time.
It took a few years to realise between the beer and weed that anxiety was the cause of my symptoms and recognise that the human body is a complicated machine and can be thrown out of wack, sometimes with the smallest of things that you take for granted like breathing, but once I got just a little bit of understanding about the biology of the human body it all seemed to be comforting, somehow ( for me at least ).

Had a few blow outs along the way including ambulance call outs thinking I was dying, late night vomiting and crapping, staying awake till dawn and lots of sick days but with the help of my now wife, about a hundred different sounds of whale CD's, tai chi, aromatherapy and counting about a million different things upto what seemed like a million....... With just a dash of " Quick! get in the car! I need to drive for hundreds of miles until I reach a beach somewhere, then just sleep in the car with classic FM on " but finally took control about 6 years ago.

Having a bit of a relapse at moment with whats seems like IBS so I'll get digging into the forums for advice in a bit :)

I still have bad days and it's hard to get control back sometimes but they don't screw up my life anymore. Simply knowing that you're not the only one suffering can also be of great comfort at times of need ( it certainly helped me this morning finding this site for the first time after so many years )

I'm hoping that just reading all of that has bored you out of having a panic attack so thanks for reading and I'll try to help if I can :winks:

Pink Princess
07-08-07, 14:09
http://www.therusticlife.com/Bear-welcome-sign.jpg

trac67
07-08-07, 16:09
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

nomorepanic
07-08-07, 19:10
Hi Paul

:welcome: aboard. Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

There is a good page on the website about IBS that may help as well.

honeybee3939
07-08-07, 19:15
Hi Paul

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

debera
07-08-07, 19:33
hi paul and welcome
debera

Nibbles
07-08-07, 22:47
Hi Paul and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike

Aussie
08-08-07, 01:53
This place can be a sanity saver at times!
Welcome Paul, hope you find some answers while you are here.

Lindalou64
08-08-07, 02:34
HI PAUL,
WELCOME I CAN SO RELATE TO EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID,BUT HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR GETTING THERE...I WISH YA THE BEST........LINDA X

JulieAs45
08-08-07, 06:37
Hi Paul

A big warm welcome to NMP :yesyes:

Julie
:flowers:

groovygranny
08-08-07, 16:34
Hello burrgins:welcome:to you!

No, you're definitely not alone - and yes, I'm sure you'll be able to help us as well as recieve help and support yourself!

Pleased to meet you!

:)