PDA

View Full Version : Diaries...I know I said I wouldn't post...

normalwisdom
07-08-07, 16:09
I know I said I wouldn't post about me again...and it really isn't about me-ish.

I have recently moved house and found my old diary....the one my doctor told me to keep of my feelings before I went to see the CMHT. I haven't read it since I wrote it, it was too painful but omg it has helped me so much seeing how far I have come.

It was at the really really low point in my life and reading it was so hard but it helped. I expressed my feelings at the time about my hubbie and family and everything and I really got down on paper what I was feeling at the time!

I really would encourage people to keep a diary....you don't have to read it back to yourself but in the future it may help you to realise how far you have come on in life.

I have even started writing it again to show the achievements I have made....although my last entry was "oh I really must keep this up it helps" that was 2 years ago lol

Sorry if it seems a strange thread but honest it works:yesyes:

neptuno
07-08-07, 18:52
You're so right. You need to say it out loud or put it down on paper - then you know what you'tre dealing with.
Be kind to yourself

honeybee3939
07-08-07, 18:59
Hi steph

I agree hun, i too keep a diary and there have been many times i have stuck little notes on the fridge to remind me of progress i have made. Its always good to look back and remind yourself that you have made progress especially when you are having a bad day.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx