PDA

View Full Version : Panic Panic Anxious !!!

MarkP2007
07-08-07, 20:02
Hi My Name Is Mark, im 24 yr old man from n ireland, my panic started when i was about 18-19 due to drugs , i have been clean for about 5 years and ive been left with some very bad symptoms, im anxious all the time feeling like im gonna have a heart attack and short of breath,i know that its my fault im like this but im looking for help from anyone to try and overcome this, my girlfriend is having our baby in 3 months and i really want to be a good father , hard working and loyal to them both,please please help me to become the person i know i am inside. thanks .

gilliano
07-08-07, 20:48
hi mark,glad to hear you are not on drugs any more sounds like your life is going well at the moment,with the baby etc, i would go see your doctor about medication if i was you,it worked for me. good luck....

Aussie
08-08-07, 01:58
Good on you Mark for getting and staying clean.
Having a chat to your GP can help. Also understanding why you are feeling this way can help you overcome the fear that keeps us caught in the cycle.
Best of luck and Congrats on the upcoming birth of your first child!! How exciting!

NaturalBlondie
08-08-07, 02:08
i really hope you feel better soon, and i really feel for you having been through same sort of thing myself.
Take care,
love Blondie xxx

Frankie23
08-08-07, 10:55
Well done for kicking the habit I no exactly the situation your in except I have no children. Just think of the positive things in life your girlfriend, your unborn child who your going to be seeing in a few months time and to a long future xx

honeybee3939
08-08-07, 12:20
:) Hi Mark

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

I must congratulate you on your success of giving up the drugs, thats a big step forward for you hun WELL DONE!
I hope the site can help you now to futhur your steps to recovery.

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nbs1
09-08-07, 17:23
i think using recreational drugs (albeit for a relatively short time) may have started my anxiety/panic 2. is it something you should tell your gp as it can lead to better help?! ive never mentioned it due to stopping taking them over a year ago and only using them from age of 17-19 and even then only once a month or so, plus its also quite hard- i know my gp well and it'd be tough to say 'oh btw...'