PDA

View Full Version : New Here

clipped_wings55
08-08-07, 18:23
Hi Everyone:
A friend of mine introduced me to this website and I am even paranoid about what to write. I have lived with fear most of my life. Some things have changed for the good but I still struggle with many things. I used to be an extreme people pleaser because I was terrified of rejection or ridicule and I had a hard time speaking in a group because I was afraid of sounding stupid.
That can still be a problem sometimes but it is much better.

The one fear I can't seem to deal with is the fear of losing the people I love. My husband and I manage a resort and when he goes for propane for the barbecues, if I hear an ambulance while he is gone, I am terrified that the tanks blew up and killed him. My children and grandchildren say I am way to overprotective. I also, cannot handle fighting. If two people get in a loud argument I will go right into a panic attack, with heart palpations and dizziness and hyperventillating.

I don't want to make this too long so that's enough for now. I have read some of the articles and they have helped but I know talking to my friend has helped even more so hopefully I can make friends here and won't get too paranoid about talking with others about this.

Thank you,
Clipped_Wings55

honeybee3939
08-08-07, 18:26
Hi Clipped-wings

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here:) , sounds like you have a good friend who you can confide in, im sure you will make new friends here too hun.:hugs: And im sure you will get some good advice and support too.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

trac67
08-08-07, 18:47
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

debera
08-08-07, 18:58
hi and welcome. you will get alot of help here. and make new friends. this site is the best.
love debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Nibbles
08-08-07, 20:15
Hi Clipped Wings and :welcome:

I'm glad you've written your thoughts down and the articles have helped. You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike

groovygranny
08-08-07, 20:42
Hello Clipped-Wings:welcome:to you!

What a good friend who pointed you in this direction!

You're among friends here also, so you'll get plenty of help and support.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lindalou64
08-08-07, 21:00
HI CLIPPED,
WELCOME,AS MOMS AND NOT MOMS WE HAVE A TENDACY TO WORRY.I ALWAYS CHASED THE AMBULANCE WHEN MY KIDS WERE SMALL SO DID MY SISTER THINKING THE WORSE UGHHH....IM SURE YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF INFO AND SUPPORT HERE.I WISH YA THE BEST.....AND FOR MYSELF IM ALSO A PEOPLE PLEASER GETTING BETTER NOW I LOOK AT IT AS THIS IS MY NATURE IM JUST A CARING PERSON...ITS HARD TO OVER COME I KNOW ALL IN TIME THO.....WISH YA THE BEST........LINDA X

prism
09-08-07, 20:15
Hiya clipped wings,
welcome to NMP.
I also hate confrontation of any kind as it makes very anxious aswell:weep: .
lovely to see you.

prism

nomorepanic
09-08-07, 21:26
Hi there Clipped

:welcome:

Hope you get some support on here and meet some fab people.

Pink Princess
11-08-07, 21:45
http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/22/22923shomrwztz9.gif

love minnie xxx