PDA

View Full Version : Was it Social Anxiety?

FM
08-08-07, 21:15
Hi everyone, I just have a question here about Social Anxiety.

A few years ago, I used to get anxious in some social situations but eventually I learned to embrace the anxiety I was feeling and just like that it went away. I've heard that people with Social Anxiety have multiple thoughts that run through their mind like when they're somewhere with alot of people. (ex: everyone is staring at me, what if this, what if that, etc).

When I felt anxiety in these places, it was just an anxious feeling, no thoughts or anything, but more like a tense/anxious feeling in my head.

Thanks for your answers. :)

manda8801
09-08-07, 12:40
Hello! I am totally feeling those same feelings now. I am only 18, and my life used to be filled with going to concerts, shopping, and parties. Nowadays, all of thsoe things make me incredibly anxious.. I feel tense and uneasy, like I shouldn't be there. Unlike you, I also get the "what if's, everyone is staring at me" Though I kno none of this is true, it really gets to me... I feel that almost over the course of a week, I have turned into an agoraphobic! It's terrible..

i'm no expert but I am sure you were experiencing mild social anxiety, and congrat's to you that you were able to embrace and vanish it yourself!

I hope to have the courage to do the same, and to face my new forming fears because I have to move in just 9 days, and I feel day by day I am getting worse!

All the best to you.. xox

Keep going
09-08-07, 19:48
Hello, try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety

Stuart:)

pete69
09-09-07, 08:39
maybe u suffer from gad..generalised anxiety disorder...no specific situation just feel anxious a lot /most of the time.