PDA

View Full Version : So fed up

Silly Blonde
09-08-07, 08:38
I haven't been here for a long time as I was starting to feel pretty good. I have been mega stressed and busy at work, but it seemed to work as a wonderful distraction as I had no tummy ache etc etc.

I have just found myself a much better job - more money, better work/life balance and since I handed my notice in and "took my foot off the gas" I have been feeling dreadful, horribly loose bowel movements, bad stomach ache, and generally feeling yucky, as though i have bad flu or as though i have been hit by a large truck!!:weep:

My husband (not that I'd ever admit I agreed with him) said that its probably because when i was busy i was using up the dreaded adrenaline, and now that i have slowed down, it is not being used up.

I'm so fed up, this is supposed to be an exciting time for me, yet I feel terrible.

Sorry for the moan - just needed a bit of reassurance.

SB x

Dave777
09-08-07, 09:47
Hiya, sounds about normal to me, I know how it feels, the stress and adrenaline becomes the norm.

I expect it'll take a couple of weeks before you come down and relax, tummy upset is just part of it?

Don't be fed up, start to look forward to your next Job:)

Look forward to hearing how you progress, keep us posted.

Good Luck:flowers:

Dave x

Jaco45er
09-08-07, 10:00
Hi SB

Bad news, I think your hubby is right ;).

My anxiety is low when I am busy but as soon as I am quiet workwise, my anxiety creeps back in.

I find that if I pop to the gym regular, I tend to not get bothered with anxiety even if I am not busy workwise so I would say your hubby has hit the nail on the head.

Is there any activities you enjoy? swimming, cycling etc just to keep the anxiety at bay?

TC

Jaco

Silly Blonde
09-08-07, 10:35
Thanks both. I am my own worst enemy where exercise is concerned. My hubbie tries to drag me out for walks in the evening - whereas I always use the excuse "I feel too ill". Maybe I should listen to him a bit more!

Have an appointment with my psychologist tonight, so will "off-load" then. After that I have an appointment with my psychiatrist (the medicine man), I was going to start a long withdrawal programme to get me off the mirtazapine, but looks like I may be sticking with them for a bit longer!

Thanks again

SB x