PDA

View Full Version : Sore Throat again

kittykat
09-08-07, 09:07
I'm so fed up at the moment, this is my 3rd sore throat in just under 2mths.
On both previous occassions i was prescribed penicillen vk, but about a week in between i started getting symptoms again and it came back.

This time its exactly the same , im even starting to get the pus on the back of the throat again ( sorry if im grossing anyone out):blush: I'm really starting to worry anxiety is peaking thinking all sort of different scenarios, im also bringing up a lot of green/yellow phlegm, and my upper back is sore , im thinking lung cancer etc.
I'm at the stage today where i just want to go back to bed as im so worried , i just cant function but i know ive got to as my kids need me, plus my hubby would crack up at me.
I have a doctors appointment tommorrow, but he'll be saying not her again but i do feel really rotten and not myself , should i try a and ask for a differrent anti b.
I have been doing really well but this has brought all my anxietys crashing back. xxx

traciec39
09-08-07, 22:23
hi kitty,

sorry to hear that you not well at the moment.
Ive just got over tonsillitus im allergic to penicillin so i had another anti biotic, 8 tabs per day.
For about 6 weeks before the infection i felt a dry patch in my throat, like a peice of food was stuck. Now ive just finished the anti biotics i can feel the dry patch returnng. Im really scared of throat cancer as i do smoke cigs.

Like you its making me cough badly lots of phelgm yucks.

Im really panicly too at the moment, worrying about the big C

take care
luv tracie xx