PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Greeneyed
09-08-07, 13:42
Hi I am new here and just found this forum today - thank goodness!

I have posted on Health Anxiety re my current crisis http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=22139 and already had some lovely replies.

By way of background I am 33yrs old and suffer from GAD, Panic attacks and OCD.

I don't take any medication and have learnt to control my symptoms most of the time though the last few months they have all crept back in and I am now seeking help again. As I have had a course of CBT on the NHS a few years ago, there is not much they will do but I am having a few sessions with the graduate primary care worker. All she really does is gives me booklets to read which I have read before and says it is all about self help. I am struggling to motivate myslef at the moment to do what I need to and hopefully this site will give me some strength and support to see the wood from the trees!

Glad to have found you all, though sorry to see so many others suffering as well.

Love Greeneyed xx

Lindalou64
09-08-07, 13:53
HI GREENEYED,
WELCOME,IM SURE YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF INFO AND SUPPORT HERE I CAN TOTALLY UNDERSTAND YA WHEN YA SAY YOU HAVE READ IT ALL BEFORE ...ITS JUST LEARNING TO COPE WITH IT LIKE IM STILL DOING MYSELF AFTER MANY MANY YRS..I ALSO WAS DOING REALLY WELL FOR YRS AND GOT THIS SET BACK DUE TO ALOT OF STRESS AND ECT.......WISH YA THE BEST........LINDA X

Piglet
09-08-07, 13:56
A big welcome hun.

Love Piglet :flowers:

trac67
09-08-07, 14:05
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Greeneyed
09-08-07, 15:11
Thanks Guys.

I feel so fragile at the moment - I am really grateful for a place to come and share my thoughts. I don't want to continue to burden my husband all the time. I hope I can be of some help to you guys as well and promise I am usually in a ore positive frame of mind :)

Piglet
09-08-07, 15:15
Honestly mate that doesn't matter - we all have good periods and bad and I'm sure you'll be on good one very soon.

Meanwhile it's great that you feel some reassurance and support by being here! :yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

honeybee3939
09-08-07, 18:20
Hi Greeneyed

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
09-08-07, 21:31
Hi Green

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will soon settle in and feel at home and get some great support and advice.

groovygranny
09-08-07, 22:12
Hello Greeneyed :welcome:to you!

You'll find plenty of help and supposrt here1

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

SammiB
10-08-07, 09:41
Hello Green,

Hope you find everything you need and you can always get support here

Welcome

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Greeneyed
10-08-07, 10:05
Thank you so much all for the warm welcome, I look forward to chatting with you xx

Trev
10-08-07, 10:18
Hi, welcome to NMP.

I read your HA thread and just wanted to tell you that you can overcome what you are going through with the right support and advice.

You are not going mad, it's the effect of high anxiety.

Have you ever read any of Claire Weekes' books? I found "Self Help For Your Nerves" incrediblt helpful at the start. She helped me move forward before finding NMP where others then helped to "finish the job" so to speak.

One thing that also helped me was when somebody pointed out that your thoughts affect how you feel which then influences your behaviour. Think scary things and you will feel scared and get all the horrible symptoms that go with that.

:)

manmoor
10-08-07, 10:40
Hi Green,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Greeneyed
10-08-07, 11:05
Thanks Mandy and Trev!

I have overcome this before (well got things to a manageable level) but things have just escalated this year and I find myself in a state again.

Previously I was very motivated and tried everything - self help, yoga, reiki, dancing, herbal medicine CBT, relaxation techniques etc.

I am very down this time and really struggling to find the motivation to do what I know I need to do to make things better - I just want someone to make it stop.

I think I have become tired of fighting and depression is setting in. Up until recently, I have always been happy and brave despite this affliction and I have battled on to deal with it in everyway possible.

I seem to be finding it very hard to put the gloves back on this time, I just want some peace.

Thanks again xx

Trev
10-08-07, 12:35
There's alot of talk of fighting, battling and putting the gloves on!

Have you ever tried some form of regular aerobic exercise? I found this can help "burn it off" in the longer term and works well with the other things you described.

Nibbles
10-08-07, 20:56
Hi Greeneyed and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. You don't need to apologise that you're feeling negative now because we all have our ups and downs. Keep the steps small and praise yourself for every achievement.

Take care,

Mike

pips
10-08-07, 22:10
http://img.freecodesource.com/gallery/images/banners/prod_443_19625.gif (http://www.freecodesource.com/gallery/index.php?action=home&subaction=detailed&category=443&photoid=19625&first_user_index=15&current_page=1)To the site I'm sure you will find lots of help and support here.

Take Care,

Love Pip's X

Greeneyed
13-08-07, 12:49
Thanks again everyone! xx

Pink Princess
13-08-07, 22:43
http://www.gregorygraphics.com/images/welcome_orchid.jpg

love minnie xxxxxxxxxx