PDA

View Full Version : Intrroducing myself

AdamLloyd
09-08-07, 13:54
Hey Guys and gals,

Just thought i'd make a quick post introducing myself.

Im a 21 year old gay guy from Birmingham - West Midlands. I've allways been a fun loving confident person and locked up all my fears.

Just recently for the last few months i've been suffering from severe panic attacks totally out of the blue which was quite scary, they started off just one here and there but then turned into 20 a day, didnt realise they were panic attacks at the time, thought there was something wrong with my heart and was going to have a heart attack.

Since being here though I have learnt many techniques and snippes of knowledge the main one being that they can never physically hurt me, just be uncomfortable, and since then and talking to you guys learning more about how to cope, my panics have greatly been reduced. Mind you ive been stopping with my mother for the last week or so so its probably the comfort of that thats keeping me calm lately.

I did move to a different city away from all my family and friends, moved to liverpool and got myself a place, that couldve been the start of it, but when i think about it theres lots of different things that could have caused it.

So i give up on trying to find out why i panic, now that i know i do, I'm just learning of how to combat it :)

I love this site, its helped me out so much, thanks to you all :)

Just thought id say a quick hello and how are you all really and give you a bit of info about myself.

Im a bit of a computer geek, for work i make myself money on the internet involved in game server sales / server sales / repair / maintenance and remote assistance, its all a bit technical to get into.

Im not sure what other things i should write, but if you want to know more, dont hesitate to ask, i like to think im easily approachable :)

Oh and if i can help any of you out in anyway shape or form, let me know, I love to help :)

Thanks for your time

Adam Carrington Lloyd xxxxxxx

Piglet
09-08-07, 13:57
Thanks for that Adam hun. :hugs:

Piglet :flowers:

trac67
09-08-07, 14:00
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Greeneyed
09-08-07, 14:10
Hi Adam,

My panic disorder kicked in after I had moved away from home and family and friends - I think this is quite common. It's nice that you are getting looked after at your mums!

I read two self help books on Panic attacks which were based on cognitive behavioural therapy techniques and they really helped me to recognise and control them - have just reminded myslef to dig them out again! I was having several a day however I managed to become free of them for quite long time (just had one or two creep back in recently and need to motivate mysef to try the techniques again!)

If you have not received any cognitive behavior therapy as yet, do get yourself down to the bookshop and see whats available - they really can help.

I promise you, you can be free of the attacks, it just takes a little time and work.

Take care Greeneyed xx

AdamLloyd
09-08-07, 14:20
Thanks guys :)

Special thanks to greeneyes, im definately going to look into that mate, cheers :)

Adam xx

xKirstyx
09-08-07, 15:35
hey Adam!

welcome to the site!

im new here too, so drop me a message anytime if u wanna chat

xx

honeybee3939
09-08-07, 17:49
Hi Adam

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

prism
09-08-07, 19:35
Hiya Adam,
nice too see you and welcome to NMP.
You will find this is a brilliant site.

prism

Lozzie
09-08-07, 20:31
ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Welcome to NMP lovely! :hugs:

It is good to see you in chat over past few days :)
You know where I am if you need me :D Just give me a shout anytime :)
Im always happy to help you :hugs:

You will meet lots of lovely people here :winks: obviously you've already met me :D
Take care
Laura xxxxxxxxxxxxx:flowers:

nomorepanic
09-08-07, 21:25
Adam

:welcome:

What a lovely first post and lovely to see you here. You sound very positive and upbeat and that will serve you well.

Hope you get some support on here and meet some fab people.

groovygranny
09-08-07, 22:08
Hello Adam :welcome:to you!

Aha......computer geek.....that got GG's attention lol !! I'm an ageing IT Technician who needs all the help she can get........so be prepared to have to empty out your PM inbox at least twice a week from now on lol !!

Very pleased to meet you - glad you've found help here already, hope you'll get loads more!

:)

manmoor
10-08-07, 10:41
Hi Adam,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Nibbles
10-08-07, 20:40
Hi Adam and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. You've already got a great attitude towards anxiety and some positive coping techniques so I'm sure you'll soon be on the mend.

Take care,

Mike

Pink Princess
11-08-07, 21:57
http://www.gregorygraphics.com/images/welcome_orchid.jpg

love minnie xxxxx