PDA

View Full Version : heart beat

byronhinson
09-08-07, 21:42
I have had a feeling over the last few days that my heart is racing or beating harder than usual. I had a frustrating incident the other day which is when it started but it seems like it doesn't stop now it has been like this since 4 today and its nearly 10pm so surely if it was just anxiety it would have passed by now.

jill
09-08-07, 22:11
Hi there :D

Before I say that this may be anxiety related, did you hurt yourself when you had your acident? if so, have you been checked over?

When I first came to this site many moons ago LOL. My body and mind was on alert all the time, 24/7. It NEVER seem to leave me. I was having pa's, but the anxiety never left me alone for one minute.

It is possible for an anxiety symptom to last for days, we feel it, fear it, so it goes on, ask why, can't find the answer, mmm, question it, mmm can't be anxiety its lasted far to long,so it goes on. ohhh boy, but anxiety can.

This sight tought me to label my panic, anxiey, 10 being full blown panic, ohhh boy we all know what thats like, 1 being nomral.

Now for ME, a symptom like yours I would class this as a 3, my body and mind is on alert looking for danger, a little of the flight, fight response, this may have been caused by your acident and with you questioning you feeling this raised your anxiety levels a little more.

It is a natral human response when we have acidents to have a serge of adrenaline, which in turn may cause anxiety symptoms for a brief momemt, people who have never suffered anxiety there bodys go back to normal very quick, but if you suffer anxiety, this response may take a lttle more hard work on your thought pattens to bring you back to normal.

I have found that if I reasure myself that it IS anxiety, try to distract myself totaly from my thoughts or feeling of the symptoms, pay with the kids, do anything to take my mind off the symptom, then ask myself, was the symptom there? I know, I know, how do you know if it was there if you not thinking about it, well thats the million doller question, if you never gave it a thought while totlay distracted, ITS ANXIETY. Ohh does that sound silly :wacko:

Do you have some relxation CD, I find they help me, a nice bath, be kind to yourself, try dame hard not to worry, this only feeds it.

I do hope this has helped a little, I do find it hard to explain things LOL

You take care

LOVE JILLXX